Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Other
   >> Cactus Cafe

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Rate thread Print Thread
groundss
100+ posts
07/04/08 11:30 PM
Julia Roberts is not attractive

I just watched Ocean's Eleven and I'm perplexed as to why Roberts was cast for a character that is supposed to be desired by Clooney/Garcia and "ogled" by Pitt & Damon. Please...

Between Ocean's, Pretty Woman, Erin Brokovich, even her cameo as "Dreamgirl" in a Dave Matthews video...I just don't get it. Maybe she's a fine actress, but hot? Sexy? Not even close.

Maybe I'm crazy. I have no idea what the consensus is. Regardless, here's one vote for Not Hot.

Happy 4th.

"We stink"- Head Coach Bill Parcells on the 2004 Dallas Cowboys.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

YoLaDu
500+ posts
07/04/08 11:45 PM
Re: Julia Roberts is not attractive [re: groundss]

I agree.. horsemouth is not hot.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

Truck's Son
1000+ posts
07/04/08 11:58 PM

I've thought this for years. Glad I'm not the only one.

"What a great time to be a Longhorn."

~Hank Hill

UTCzech
500+ posts
07/05/08 12:23 AM

Neigh.....

El_Oso
500+ posts
07/05/08 12:59 AM

It took you this long to figure that out?

UPDATE! Jive Turkey's Sig, sad state.

ProdigalHornSponsor
5000+ posts
07/05/08 01:13 AM

Moderately attractive. Not unattractive, but not drop dead either.

"Bye weeks are for losers! Bronco Nagursky didn't get no bye weeks! And now he's dead!! ... OK, maybe they're a good thing."
- Moe Szyzlac

l00pModerator
10,000+ posts
07/05/08 05:00 AM

She walks like a man wearing marshmallow shoes. She is not attractive. I also don't think Sandra Bullock is that cute either. I am not into the whole "she looks like a man" type girl.

Don't peek at the ribs, they are still there - Hornian in his rib tutorial

DoobieWah
1000+ posts
07/05/08 07:46 AM

While she has her moments, she generally doesn't do it for me either.

But I seriously thought I was the only one.

GuadaHorn
100+ posts
07/05/08 07:54 AM

family guy has already addressed this

"I love George Bush and I love my gun." - Trey Parker

jimmyjazzSponsor
10,000+ posts
07/05/08 07:59 AM

Every one of you would kill for a night with her in her prime and you know it.

Steel Shank
2500+ posts
07/05/08 08:36 AM

She'd be in the bottom quintile of the chicks on my resume.

jimmyjazzSponsor
10,000+ posts
07/05/08 09:20 AM
Re: Julia Roberts is not attractive [re: Steel Shank]

In reply to:

She'd be in the bottom quintile of the chicks on my resume.

Whatever you say, John Mayer.

WorsterManSponsor
10,000+ posts
07/05/08 09:26 AM

JR is not unattractive, but she is NOT hot.

Sarah Jessica Parker IS unattractive and for sure NOT hot.

#30 All American Steve Worster

mandingo
2500+ posts
07/05/08 10:20 AM

In reply to:

She walks like a man wearing marshmallow shoes. She is not attractive. I also don't think Sandra Bullock is that cute either. I am not into the whole "she looks like a man" type girl.

Errr...me niether. Not so much.

...and what Steelshank said...Me, too.

"It has been scientifically proven that the universe consists of Vince Young and some other stuff."
-Dionysus

flaco
2500+ posts
07/05/08 11:00 AM

^
|
|
|
|

TexanneModerator
10,000+ posts
07/05/08 11:25 AM

As a woman, I find JR to be above average but not strikingly beautiful.

Angelina Jolie has a mouth like a plumber's friend. Which is OK, I guess, if you like the idea of kissing a plumber's friend.

Without giving it too much thought, I'd say the most empirically beautiful women in entertainment are Halle Berry and Charlize Theron.

"These are just simple Farmers. People of the land. The common clay of the new west. You know ... morons."

Montag
1000+ posts
07/05/08 12:34 PM

I disagree, Roberts looks pretty fine. For a horse. Cause it's hard for a horse to look human like much less a decent looking human. It's hard to pull off, see Sarah Jessica Parker for reference.

nemo me impune lacessit

BDog
2500+ posts
07/05/08 12:40 PM

I'm with formermav43 and Worster

buffsoldier
1000+ posts
07/05/08 01:09 PM
Re: Julia Roberts is not attractive [re: Texanne]

In reply to:

Charlize Theron

That's the stuff. Drop 50 and fire for effect.

I'm a hundred miles away, son. Ready to strike.

VinceHung
25+ posts
07/05/08 02:13 PM

This post sits very well with me.

KGhorn
< 25 posts
07/05/08 03:29 PM

Huge nose and huge mouth. Her hands and arms are also manlike. Julia Roberts is the ugliest supposedly hot woman I have ever seen. That being said, she appears to be a pretty decent person (not Hollywood).

At least Sarah Jessica Parker had a smoking body in her prime. Go watch LA Story with Steve Martin and decide whether you would want to do SJP or not. Julia Robert's' body has never been more than above average.

In their respective prime, I would very much want to do SJP for that body, but would need a few beers to do Julia Roberts if they both weren't celebrities.
The Link
The Link
The Link
The Link

origino
1000+ posts
07/05/08 04:11 PM

She is pretty..but I have never thought of her in a lustful manner.

"Sic Transit Gloria"

DustySponsor
500+ posts
07/05/08 04:35 PM

JJ and I get it.

Everyone else (when sober) would be incoherent in her presence. She’s a goddess.

And every one of you would kill for a night with her in YOUR prime…

BigWill
10,000+ posts
07/05/08 04:50 PM

not only would I gleefully bang every woman mentioned on this thread, but I would probably do so in an embarrassingly quick manner.

Turd of Doom
1000+ posts
07/05/08 04:55 PM

Nothing wrong with her.

Genco
500+ posts
07/05/08 05:49 PM

In reply to:

Everyone else (when sober) would be incoherent in her presence. She’s a goddess.

And every one of you would kill for a night with her in YOUR prime…

This is hornfans. Don't you know everyone here only tags the most beautiful offspring produced by the lesbian affair of Venus and Aphrodite?

Edited by Genco (07/05/08 05:52 PM)

Horn-N-LA
500+ posts
07/05/08 07:01 PM

I think SJP was cute in Footloose but that was about it. She may have had a nice body but..
And KG in that last pic SJP looks like a tranny.

And I agree with most of the sentiments, JR is cuteable and that's about it.

Greg Davis, sobering up Longhorn fans for 10 years.

Anastasis
5000+ posts
07/05/08 07:39 PM

Ive heard it all. Now Scarlett J is overrated. Jesus Christ you must be gay. And Angelina Jolie is smoking hot is a dirty-psycho-I'll-f-your-brains-out-then-try-to-eat-your-soul kinda way.

HatDaddy
1000+ posts
07/05/08 07:47 PM

she is no Margaret Cho.

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

BDog
2500+ posts
07/05/08 08:01 PM

Angelina Jolie is smoking hot in an overly-fertile-duck-billed-platypus kinda way.

bevo barrySponsor
500+ posts
07/05/08 09:34 PM

If Julia Roberts had a mouth, she might be considered attactive. Instead, she has a maw.

Conan, what is best in life?
To crush the Aggies. To see them driven before you. To hear the lamentations of their barnyard animals.

TheSheriffIsNEAR
500+ posts
07/05/08 09:50 PM

Julia Roberts is someone women love to emulate, hence her endless appearances on women's magazine covers. Most guys don't give a rat's ass about her. She's like the chick flick of chicks.

"Hey....sprechen ze talk?"

hooklahoma
1000+ posts
07/06/08 07:04 AM

Strange phenomenon, the julia roberts thing. I remember when she hooked up w/ Lyle lovett and the late night comics went nuts w/ the Beauty and beast jokes. I wasn't shocked at all. If you set aside the fame, i could totally see two people like that getting together in real life.

Julia roberts is like half of the fashion models out there.........It the female and gay male perception of what they think hetero males would find hot.

Uncle RicoSponsor
5000+ posts
07/06/08 09:16 AM

nobody will ever convince me that Scarlett J is good looking.

VacantlyOccupied
5000+ posts
07/06/08 09:36 AM

I'd love to see pictures of everyone who posted on this thread.

Joe Fan
2500+ posts
07/06/08 10:42 AM
Re: Julia Roberts is not attractive [re: YoLaDu]

In reply to:

I agree.. horsemouth is not hot.

Are you suggesting she would look better with a feedbag?

I never got the whole 'Amercas Sweetheart' thing either. (Ditto for Katie Couric on that idea). Who decides these things for us anyway? Maybe Mythbusters can investigate this farce? Besides the not-so-hot-looking reality, she has kind of an irritating personality. Thats two strikes. I guess that mouth + "posting guidelines" = your imagination, leaves her permanently at an 0-2 pitch count.

A man. A plan. A canal: Panama.

Third Coast
5000+ posts
07/06/08 10:54 AM

In reply to:

I'd love to see pictures of everyone who posted on this thread.

Probably a few suitable contestants on Howard Stern's "ugly guys with hot chicks" segment.

chitwoodSponsor
1000+ posts
07/06/08 11:40 AM

actually, probably lots of contestants on ugly guys with ugly chicks.

Joe Fan
2500+ posts
07/06/08 12:32 PM

If you shaved Julia's head (who shaved JR?), allowed her no make-up, and then put us side by side, I am way better looking.

A man. A plan. A canal: Panama.

RyanUTAustin
2500+ posts
07/06/08 12:54 PM

Hottest one mentioned on this thread...

Texas Dipper
1000+ posts
07/06/08 12:56 PM

I agree that she's not hot or sexy. But at times she can be very pretty.

killerfrog17
500+ posts
07/06/08 01:38 PM

Not saying Angelina or Scarlett are not hot. They are very much so. They are also still overrated.

REMEMBER: Plurals are not formed with apostrophes!

eflow24Sponsor
5000+ posts
07/06/08 06:53 PM

In reply to:

While I'm on this thread, I agree, and would like to submit Angelina Jolie and Scarlett J as highly overrated chicks.

I agree with this. I am not saying they are not very pretty, but they ARE overrated. Jolie looks too much like her dad and SJ just looks like a normal girl to me. JR is ok, not as bad as some of you claim, but she is not super hot.

IMHO, the hottest woman in Hollywood is STILL Catherine Zeta Jones. She is still hot today. There just isn't anyone that has the facial beauty that she has to me.

The Link

The beauty of the Longhorn breed!!

YoLaDu
500+ posts
07/07/08 10:51 AM

In reply to:

IMHO, the hottest woman in Hollywood is STILL Catherine Zeta Jones. She is still hot today. There just isn't anyone that has the facial beauty that she has to me.

I would agree with that statement. Would throw in Phoebe Cates into that category. She has a ridiculously beautiful face.

Aces_Full
1000+ posts
07/07/08 11:04 AM

Scarlett Johansson is hot...no doubt. While she may not be Charlize Theron, she is still very hot.

"You're right Teddy, that Ace didn't help me. I flopped the nut straight." Rounders

GatorHorn
2500+ posts
07/07/08 12:12 PM

In reply to:

I disagree, Roberts looks pretty fine. For a horse. Cause it's hard for a horse to look human like much less a decent looking human. It's hard to pull off, see Sarah Jessica Parker for reference.

ROTFL. Best laugh I've had in weeks.

"Question my fanhood again and it's interweb go time."

Rex Krammer

Beau Vine
2500+ posts
07/07/08 12:27 PM

I thought Julia Roberts was great in Seabiscuit.

Texas007
2500+ posts
07/07/08 03:52 PM

In reply to:

Julia Roberts is someone women love to emulate, hence her endless appearances on women's magazine covers. Most guys don't give a rat's ass about her. She's like the chick flick of chicks.

This is simply allsome right here.

Red Five
1000+ posts
07/07/08 04:27 PM

In reply to:

nobody will ever convince me that Scarlett J is good looking.

Don't take offense to this or anything, but you don't deserve your penis.

pulque
500+ posts
07/07/08 11:57 PM

Idiot's, it's all camera angles and makeup...

TXHookem
10,000+ posts
07/09/08 12:33 PM

Horse faced admirers... enjoy...

Get your Travel Fix

MAROON
1000+ posts
07/09/08 01:57 PM

I'll never forget my wife's reaction when she hear that Julia maared Lyle Lovett - she was so sad that Lyle settled for such an unattractive wife.

What do you boys want for breakfast, Bar-B-Que?....OK Chili

BadgerinATX
< 25 posts
07/09/08 03:08 PM
Re: Julia Roberts is not attractive [re: eflow24]

In reply to:

+1 on that

Also, Angie Harmon is a good non-superstar pick.

midwayhorn
25+ posts
07/09/08 10:36 PM

Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.......

l00pModerator
10,000+ posts
07/10/08 12:11 AM

Hey TxHookem, guess what?!

Don't peek at the ribs, they are still there - Hornian in his rib tutorial

BMBMD
100+ posts
07/10/08 07:12 AM

I know a young man who served as David Letterman's intern a few years ago. One of his responsibillities was to escort Dave's guests from the green room to the stage when it was time to go on. After six months, his most memorable experience was riding in the elevator with Ms. Roberts. His opinion was that her beauty transcends what you see on the screen. He said that he was "overwhelmed" in her presence, and noted that she also "smells really good".

TXHookem
10,000+ posts
07/10/08 08:45 AM

What?

Get your Travel Fix

Montag
1000+ posts
07/10/08 10:23 AM

I know there's a rule against calling for the banning of users so I'm saying that. But TXHookem deserves some kind of punishment for inflicting that on me without warning. It's going to take a good bit of porn to wash my eyes out.

nemo me impune lacessit

TexanneModerator
10,000+ posts
07/10/08 10:46 AM

I know who all TXHookem's post are except that last one. Who IS that?

And why hasn't she seen a dentist?

"These are just simple Farmers. People of the land. The common clay of the new west. You know ... morons."

jimmyjazzSponsor
10,000+ posts
07/10/08 11:16 AM

You've never seen a photo of Amy Winehouse before?

austintx3
< 25 posts
07/12/08 06:15 AM

I would like to state that I totally agree with this thread and with Rex Kramer

The Link

TexanneModerator
10,000+ posts
07/12/08 09:22 AM

I've never seen a photo of Amy Winehouse from the side. All I've seen are basically front shots with large hair. Thanks for the help.

WorsterManSponsor
10,000+ posts
07/12/08 02:08 PM

For that post with photos, TXHookem should be banned or forced to listen to the Dr. Pepper commercials from last fall for 12 hours with no breaks.

I do find it odd a couple of other hot women have been overlooked on this thread... I mean come on! You know I am talking about Janet Reno and Madeline Half-bright.

On a serious note, I agree 100% with eflow that Catherine Zeta Jones is two (2) hot levels above any other woman in Hollywood

#30 All American Steve Worster

That's Right
500+ posts
07/12/08 07:43 PM

In reply to:

For that post with photos, TXHookem should be banned or forced to listen to the Dr. Pepper commercials from last fall for 12 hours with no breaks.

No man deserves that punishment.

TXHookem
10,000+ posts
07/13/08 08:41 PM

Say what? I thought this was the Amy Winehouse appreciation club...

[image]http://www.lvhrd.org/wp-content/images/320/20070501_103624.png[/image]

Get your Travel Fix

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy