Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Manor Downs
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Other
   >> Horn Depot

Rate thread Print Thread
Mack Tripper
2500+ posts
04/18/07 12:08 AM
My passenger side floorboards are wet

I have no idea what is causing this, but my passenger side floorboards are really wet. Its not from leaving my windows down in the rain. The passenger side back seat is much more wet than the front. At first I thought I had a leak and the rain was coming in, but the doors and seats aren't wet. Any thoughts or ideas?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

Not that BobSponsor
1000+ posts
04/18/07 12:14 AM
Re: My passenger side floorboards are wet [re: Mack Tripper]

The tube that drains the condensation from the A/C is stopped up. Easy fix if you can find it.

Hail! Hail! The gang's all here.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

jcazes
250+ posts
04/18/07 12:33 AM

Not necessarily, Bob. I have a leak in my driver side rear wheelwell (honda prelude), so when I drive in the rain water manages to come into my trunk and pool in the spare-tire well. If it builds up enough it flows into the back seat and down to my passenger side (I guess that's the way the water is being channeled). I had to take everything apart and managed to figure out where the leak was coming from, but I still don't know how to fix it.

Anyway, that's just my story, but you could do the same and see if you can force water in when the weather clears up. If you can't locate a leaking source then it might be what Bob's talking about.

"One day we won't care what UT does since we will be taking care of our own business. That day hasn't come yet obviously with the number of UT threads."

~Poster on Texags~

Mack Tripper
2500+ posts
04/18/07 12:41 AM

Thanks. If it is the A/C drain tube, how would I go about unclogging said tube, assuming that I could find it?

EEE
500+ posts
04/18/07 01:04 AM

In reply to:

unclogging

Jam something in it, like a piece of nylon trimmer line after you disconnect it from the evaporator case.

Another possible source of the leak is from your heater core. Does it smell sickly sweet? You may want to check your coolant level.

texmex_horn
25+ posts
04/18/07 03:18 AM

Was there any evidence of moisture on your passenger door panel?

I've seen where debris in the door blocks the drain holes on the bottom edge and water collects within the door during a heavy rain. Open the door and look along the bottom edge. Take a wire and clear out the drain holes.

whickums
1000+ posts
04/18/07 04:03 AM

This recently happened to my husband's grand cherokee.... I told him about this thread and asked him what he did to fix it. After a few seconds of silence he admitted his quick fix was to drill a small hole in the floorboard so the water would not pool..... I had to laugh.

Beach bums

Tyler Durden
1000+ posts
04/18/07 08:54 AM

That must be a common problem with grand cherokee's. Mine did that as well. Never knew what it was and never really cared either.

idigTexasSponsor
2500+ posts
04/18/07 11:04 AM

Our 2001 Cherokee Laredo also has/had this problem. It's been in the shop at least half a dozen times for this issue. I don't know if they ever fixed it, though I haven't noticed it lately. The intensity of the rain as well as the slope on which the car is parked seem to make a difference.

Does this karma make me look fat?

Mack Tripper
2500+ posts
04/18/07 11:16 AM

Okay so last night it rained pretty hard and this morning there was more water than usual.

EuroHorn
1000+ posts
04/18/07 11:26 AM

One suggestion is to take a hose and run water over the outside of the car and see if you can find the spot where the water is coming into the vehicle. It could be a worn door or window seal, etc.

Mack Tripper
2500+ posts
04/18/07 12:11 PM

Its weird because the back seat floorboard is soaked, but only the passenger side. The floor in the front is a little wet, but seems to only get wet when it rains. The doors don't seem wet. A few days ago when there was no rain, I thought it had to be some kind of drain or fluid leak, but now I'm not sure.

accuratehornSponsor
2500+ posts
04/19/07 10:22 AM

If you have a sunroof, that is the likely culprit. Sunroofs have drains that get clogged up. Then there is leakage around the windshield, especially if the windshield has been replaced.

"Respect for authority is often equated with blind faith in authority. This too often leads individuals at TAMU to overestimate the competence of authorities or to stifle any criticism that might be aroused by the actions of authorities."

Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy