Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Other
   >> Horn Depot

Rate thread Print Thread
capitalcity
250+ posts
12/05/07 02:29 PM
Critter ridder? - There's something under my house

Neglecting to cover my crawlspace vents is coming back to bite me in the ass.

Now that the weather is cooling down I've noticed noises coming from under the house. My yorkie is pacing around and sniffing the baseboards - which is out of the ordinary. I'm pretty sure the activity is just under one room, but the noises can be loud and almost sound like they're in the wall. Could something have burrowed up through the subfloor and into the walls?

Is there a reputable critter ridder service in Dallas? How much should I expect for this type of service?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

Wild BillSponsor
2500+ posts
12/05/07 02:38 PM
Re: Critter ridder? - There's something under my house [re: capitalcity]

You could try trapping the critters, but if it's skunks, you are screwed unless you have a covered trap. You could also try "critter ridder" from Home Depot which is a pungunt powder made from oil of black powder & capsacien. I used it to get racoons out of my attic.

If that doesn't work, call a reputable critter control co.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

CaptainEdSponsor
2500+ posts
12/05/07 04:58 PM
Re: Critter ridder? - There's something under my h [re: capitalcity]

beware of skunks. my college house in hyde park was raised and we had some skunks get under there and spray. that crap came up through the wood floor and covered everything. conveniently enough, this was one single day after our washer and dryer crapped out and the homeowner had a contractual clause stating that he did not have to replace them. yay.

i rode the im field bus and sat in class for 2-3 days trying to segregate myself from any decent looking girl because, even after multiple trips to the laundromat on 38th (terminator 2 pinball is a great timekiller), i still smelled exactly like a [censored] skunk. brutal.

w. t. f.

Herkie Walls
100+ posts
12/05/07 05:06 PM

i have used abc pest in houston for critters in the attic. they did a good job.

voteforhank
25+ posts
12/05/07 05:11 PM

Buy a have a heart trap at Home Depot. Bait it with a can of cat food.
Tape cardboard around the sides to keep a Raccoon from simply reaching in and grabbing the bait (they are tricky. Make sure you can pull off the cardboard from a distance ( I recomend string attached to cardboard so you can see what you caught). If a Raccoon or Possum, take it to the country and release. If its a skunk, make a trip to Wal Mart and purchase a pellet rifle , the kind you pump up , not a CO2 version. Execute said skunk and bag in heavy duty trash bag. Place in across the street neighbors trash.

voteforhank
25+ posts
12/05/07 05:12 PM

Green version is to place heavy duty flood lamp under your house and leave on all night and day. They will typically evacuate since they dont like the bright light.

accuratehornSponsor
2500+ posts
12/05/07 05:38 PM

You may have to vacate if it's chupacabras-they come right up through the floors and take your ass out.

"...the plan was counter-subconscious-espionage: get the official to think subconsciously about that he might be thinking about subconsciously....well, you get the gist."

C.L. McLovinModerator
10,000+ posts
12/05/07 05:54 PM

Be careful. It sounds like you have a Black Mamba or a few under your house. Watch your toilet very closely as it is surely going to try to get in your house from there.

You need to call Jeff Corwin. Have some Abba and Liza Minelli music handy as well.

Royer's Round Top pies are now available in the Metroplex area Whole Foods. Be a hit at your holiday table, worldwide. Royer's, the way "pie" will be spelled in the future.

Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy