Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Manor Downs
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Other
   >> Horn Depot

Rate thread Print Thread
Statalyzer
10,000+ posts
01/29/08 07:49 PM
Best way to get stickers off of car?

How to get decals/bumper stickers off of a car without scratching the paint? If it's on a window, it's easy to get a a razor knife underneath it and scrape it off just like with the vehicle registration sticker. But if it's not....

In reply to:

Its not about wins and loses, if it was we wouldnt be t.u.'s rival...

~Texags.com poster

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

TheFied
1000+ posts
01/29/08 07:55 PM
Re: Best way to get stickers off of car? [re: Statalyzer]

When I sold my previous car I took the metal Longhorn decal off. Used floss to slowly get it off and then used Goo Gone (yeah that is how Goo made his fortunes). Goo Gone works great for getting stickers off windows, taking crap off from decals...

You can buy it at HEB.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

kangstaSponsor
1000+ posts
01/29/08 07:57 PM

Decals: First test the cleaning removal material in an inconspicuous part of the surface the label is stuck on the be sure it will not damage that surface. In a small pan, warm a small amount of vinegar. Fold a pad of cloth large enough to cover the decal. Soak the fabric in the hot vinegar and apply to the decal. Hold in place for a couple of minutes, or fasten soaked pad on vertical surface with masking tape. When thoroughly saturated, the decal will peel off with no damage to paint, and no scraping will be necessary.

Link

SBGLonghorn
100+ posts
01/29/08 08:07 PM

goo gone works miracles

THE EYES OF TEXAS ARE UPON YOU

mayberryrfd
250+ posts
01/29/08 08:33 PM

Hair dryer and goo gone...use a plastic spatula to help get under the edge and slide it off.

TexasEd
5000+ posts
01/29/08 10:45 PM

WD-40 works too.

Dyson should sponsor OU sports

William Cannon
1000+ posts
01/30/08 12:30 AM

What the Fied said. Also vegetable oil works almost as good as goo gone, and you already have it.

Statalyzer
10,000+ posts
02/07/08 06:33 PM

Not sure if people realized this, but I'm talking about sticker-type decals, not metal ones. It's not possible to get underneath them with spatulas, nor even floss, and the goo gone isn't going to help me until I get it off and then have to deal with the residue.

In reply to:

Its not about wins and loses, if it was we wouldnt be t.u.'s rival...

~Texags.com poster

zzzz
10,000+ posts
02/07/08 07:28 PM

Is this your car?

Dont' be too rash now, Ron Paul might run again in 2012.

ScoProSponsor
5000+ posts
02/07/08 08:02 PM

In reply to:

Ask aggy or a dirt burglar.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

McLovin
25+ posts
02/07/08 08:13 PM

Goo Gone is one of the greatest inventions of both the 20th and 21st Centuries. It truly represents where we are as a civilization.

tex-horn
250+ posts
02/07/08 10:16 PM

Flamethrower.

kangstaSponsor
1000+ posts
02/08/08 01:43 AM

In reply to:

Not sure if people realized this, but I'm talking about sticker-type decals, not metal ones. It's not possible to get underneath them with spatulas, nor even floss, and the goo gone isn't going to help me until I get it off and then have to deal with the residue.

The suggestion i linked above seems to address this problem.

gardere_owns_OU
2500+ posts
02/08/08 08:53 AM

i'm not gone. here i am.

TEXAS LONGHORNS - STAND THE [censored] UP

bevo_daddy
1000+ posts
02/08/08 12:44 PM

u shouldn't put stickers on paint, but i guess u know that already

WorsterManSponsor
10,000+ posts
02/09/08 01:31 PM

First put the car in the hot sun to let it warm up the sticker or use a blow dryer to warm it up - sometimes you can peel the whole thing right off any surface. Second use Goo Gone - liberally spread it over the old adhesive and let it set for 10-15 minutes. Take a rag or use your fingernail to scrap off the old stuff. For stubborn adhesive, you may have to repeat GG a time or two but it works and there is no scratching of glass or paint.

Good luck!

Texas 52 Arizona State 34

Luke Duke
2500+ posts
02/09/08 03:32 PM

In reply to:

Don't put them on there in the first place.

"Also, no big deal about the two decades younger. I'm Texas." -LonghornsWin

Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy