Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Manor Downs
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Sports
   >> On The Field

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Rate thread Print Thread
beav0
250+ posts
12/02/12 06:58 PM
Texas to Alamo, A&M v OU Cotton

blog.chron.com/longhorns/2012/12/longhorns-headed-to-alamo-bowl/

newsok.com/oklahoma-will-play-in-cotton-bowl/article/3734171

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

Vol Horn 4 Life
2500+ posts
12/02/12 07:03 PM
Re: Texas to Alamo, A&M v OU Cotton [re: beav0]

Let's hope for UCLA!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

LonghornCatholic
2500+ posts
12/02/12 07:07 PM

vs Oregon State

giveemhell
1000+ posts
12/02/12 07:12 PM

it will be interesting to see how aggy does against an old Big 12 foe. I expect it will look a lot like most of the Big 12 games nowadays, with both teams scoring a lot of points.

LonghornCatholic
2500+ posts
12/02/12 07:21 PM

Stoops is gonna kill Aggy.

UTEX69
1000+ posts
12/02/12 07:30 PM

"Stoops is gonna kill aggy"??

I'll take that bet...

The aggies will roll the sooners big time...it's been their year and there is little reason to think the sooners will end it

Trusted Insider
500+ posts
12/02/12 07:35 PM

The aggies aren't going to roll the Sooners. OU almost beat ND and overall played a tougher schedule - one that prepares them for A&M. A&M on the other hand needed to outlast Louisiana whoever because their D is pretty soft. I could see A&M winning a shootout but if anyone rolls anyone I think it would be OU rolling them. OU's defense isn't as good as in year's past but it is better than Ole Miss, who gave A&M all they could handle (and forced turnovers). I know that's just one game but I just don't see a blowout in A&M's favor. I could see them winning 49-42 or something.

I say OU 52 A&M 42

"I agree that you think that" - Aaron P. Simpson

stevedallas
500+ posts
12/02/12 07:40 PM

Boomer Sooner!

UTEX69
1000+ posts
12/02/12 07:43 PM

Nah, the sooners will be disappointed to be back in Dallas after being snubbed by the BCS....

On the other hand, the aggies will look upon Jerry World as a fitting end to a great SEC debut...they will be more motivated to beat a flat sooner team..

They handled Alabama, they will beat ou handily

I35
2500+ posts
12/02/12 07:46 PM

In reply to:

I'll take that bet...

The aggies will roll the sooners big time...it's been their year and there is little reason to think the sooners will end it

You are buying the hype of the SEC. It's the Aggies year because they are playing in an overrated over hyped conference. That conference aren't use to playing against anything other than smash mouth football. I said I wasn't buying the hype of Bama untilo they play a team that can pass. That would be aggie. The Sooners are going to handle them with no problem. Aggies played against defenses that aren't use to passing teams. /

It's no coincidence that the Aggies lose a starting NFL QB, get a new coach, and have a Freshman QB that will probably win the Heisman playing against SEC power stopper defenses and fair well in that conf. The Aggies would be just Aggy if still in the Big 12. Another note SEC vs Big 12. Every team in the Big 12 has a winning record but Kansas. The SEC has 6 teams that don't have winning records. OVERRATED SEC.

South Austin
2500+ posts
12/02/12 07:51 PM

OU will get clobbered just to spite us.

Trusted Insider
500+ posts
12/02/12 07:57 PM

In reply to:

They handled Alabama, they will beat ou handily

is that so impressive? Georgia should have won and they lost to SC by 28. LSU should have beaten them if not for overtly shooting themselves in the foot. Aggy did beat them - at home. Who else did Alabama play?
I think Bama is good but I think OU would beat Bama. I think Oregon would too. Like the oter poster said, a good passing team with good athletes across the board would give bama a game.
Bama will probably win it all again. Because they're playing a team who can't score, just like the SEC teams they play week in and week out.

"I agree that you think that" - Aaron P. Simpson

Gone To Texas
1000+ posts
12/02/12 08:02 PM

Just got an email from the Foundation to order my Alamo Bowl tickets vs. Oregon State.

The label on the logo for the Alamo Bowl (before I clicked "display images in email") said "cotton bowl classic." Ha.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am not a big man -- Elmer Fudd Gantry

Vol Horn 4 Life
2500+ posts
12/02/12 08:06 PM

In reply to:

You are buying the hype of the SEC. It's the Aggies year because they are playing in an overrated over hyped conference.

You are right that they played the poor brothers of the SEC, but I believe they are pretty good this year. OU lost to the only two good teams they played this year, should have lost to a very average TCU team and beat an average WVU team by one on the road. Think about it for a minute, OU came in second in a conference where Texas landed third and we're screaming for Mack's head.

OU is not really great this year and I think aggy will win whether by one or twenty.

Hu_Fan
10,000+ posts
12/02/12 08:10 PM
Re: Texas to Alamo, A&M v OU Cotton [re: Gone To Texas]

In reply to:

OU almost beat ND and overall played a tougher schedule - one that prepares them for A&M.

Bob and Mike Stoops have a month to prepare to hand Sumlin and his cadets a lesson in big boy football. They will toss Jonathan Manziel around like a rag doll.

A&M has not faced any offense like the one they're going to face in the Cotton Bowl. Have not played against a top caliber quarterback all season that I'm aware of. Which one was it, that's anywhere close to Landry Jones. Maybe that guy from Louisiana Tech.

Be afraid... Joe and RC... be very afraid!!

UTEX69
1000+ posts
12/02/12 08:16 PM

Aggy will show up "representing their new conference" in which they set conference records in their first year...

Aggy has more to gain in this bowl game...that will be reflected on the field against a flat disappointed sooner squad who would rather be someplace else...

NBHorn7
1000+ posts
12/02/12 08:25 PM
Re: Texas to Alamo, A&M v OU Cotton [re: Vol Horn 4 Life]

I have thought about it for about a minute. OU came in second
in a conference where Texas landed third and we are screaming for Mack's head.

Well, one of the main reasons people are calling for Mack's
head is a 63-21 loss to OU where the we only reached 21
by scoring two late meaningless td's against OU backups.
If the conference were a 100 yard dash we would have
finished about 50 yards behind OU by that measure.

As far as Aggy vs OU it's probably a close game that could
go either way.

If you invite trouble, he usually shows up.

LonghornCatholic
2500+ posts
12/02/12 08:27 PM

You guys really think Stoops won't have his team ready to play?

UTEX69
1000+ posts
12/02/12 08:35 PM

Do you think stoops is going to "big boy" Sumlin?

wadster
2500+ posts
12/02/12 09:19 PM

In reply to:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1028281-enterprise-titanic-approaching-iceberg-sap

Did you watch OU in the orange against WVU, or the NC game against USC. I've seen the sooners crap the bad in bowl games. It really depends on whether the aggs can get pressure on LJ. If they can they'll win, if not think OU wins.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy