Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Sports
   >> On The Field

Rate thread Print Thread
el squared
1000+ posts
12/09/12 10:10 PM
A Mack Brown DB wins the Heisman - again

Those calling for Mack's ouster have conveniently overlooked his gift for identifying real talent....2 Heisman's in a row!

. Prospective Longhorn DBs RGIII and Johnny Manziel ( niether of whom signed with US unfortunately) went on to win college football' s most recognized honor.....so CLEARLY MB knows a good thing when he sees it....

Naysayers: back off !!!

....you are unique, just like everyone else....

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

Texas Taps
5000+ posts
12/09/12 10:13 PM
Re: A Mack Brown DB wins the Heisman - again [re: el squared]

Feel better? I hope not

How you like me now?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

l00pSponsor
25,000+ posts
12/09/12 10:28 PM

Is there a little booklet you got inside of a box of Cracker Jacks that gives you these, um, ideas? Bazooka Joe gum?

I don't like Twitter.

Statalyzer
25,000+ posts
12/09/12 10:39 PM

Manziel never really showed interest in UT. Art Briles was the odd man out by wanting Robert Griffin as a quarterback. Just be thankful Mack Brown didn't want Vince Young as a WR.

l00pSponsor
25,000+ posts
12/09/12 11:14 PM

He did want Reggie McNeal as one. Aggy wanted VY as a WR.

I don't like Twitter.

2003TexasGrad
1000+ posts
12/09/12 11:43 PM
Re: A Mack Brown DB wins the Heisman - again [re: Statalyzer]

Ive always heard Manziel wanted to come to UT.

Hu_Fan
10,000+ posts
12/10/12 12:05 AM
Re: A Mack Brown DB wins the Heisman - again [re: 2003TexasGrad]

One thing's for sure, they may all win a lot of awards, even be the #1 pick in the NFL draft, but they ain't coming here to play ball unless we say so.

TEXnSEATTLE
500+ posts
12/10/12 04:11 AM

Johnny's true talent only came out after Mack "left him alone"....

agssuk
1000+ posts
12/10/12 07:27 AM

Can we please give this crap a break.. We aint gonna get them all. I also heard it was Mushcamp that wanted manziel as a DB. I just dont understand why it is that whenever someone in this State does good not at UT, we missed. I want mack gone as much as the next guy, but come on

Mr. Fiesta
500+ posts
12/10/12 07:29 AM

Hey, another negative thread about the Horns from a "fan"!

What you northerners never appreciate....is that Texas is so big that you can live your life within its limits and never give a damn about what anyone in Boston or San Francisco thinks. --- James Michener

Burnt Orangeman
2500+ posts
12/10/12 07:38 AM

Would you rather everyone quit giving a [censored] altogether?

Trusted Insider
500+ posts
12/10/12 08:11 AM

no, because there is room for criticism but pointing out that MB missed on RG3 and Manziel - who hardly anyone recruited (including A&M's current coaches) is just being ridiculous. There are hundreds of players every year that we miss on just like every other school. I would like to see a change at HC but pointing to Manziel as one of the reasons is silly, imo. I seriously doubt Manziel wins a MNC. VY did. Everyone else wanted Vince at WR.

"I agree that you think that" - Aaron P. Simpson

OrangebloodAdministrator
10,000+ posts
12/10/12 09:46 AM

And TI pretty much sums it up.

No need for further discussion on this.

Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy