Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Manor Downs
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Sports
   >> In The Stands

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Rate thread Print Thread
RabidLonghorn
5000+ posts
03/24/08 12:16 PM
Aggy photos

My California friend dosent believe the stories about the aggies, does anyone have a link to them?

The first aggy dog was hit with a car by students. Thankfully, they don't ritualistically maim each new dog just to hold form.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

Steel Shank
2500+ posts
03/24/08 12:32 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: RabidLonghorn]

You talking about Rome?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

RabidLonghorn
5000+ posts
03/24/08 12:41 PM

Photos

The first aggy dog was hit with a car by students. Thankfully, they don't ritualistically maim each new dog just to hold form.

Steel Shank
2500+ posts
03/24/08 12:49 PM

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
03/24/08 01:11 PM

TexAgs.com Quote
"Hard to be the 12th man when they don't even have 11 down on the field."

DigglerontheHoof
2500+ posts
03/24/08 03:20 PM

"At some point, I'd like to take a visit to whatever planet it is Aggies fans come from."

-Stewart Mandel in reference to aggy question of whether or not A&M would consider Steve Spurrier.

Edited by DigglerontheHoof (03/24/08 03:22 PM)

DigglerontheHoof
2500+ posts
03/24/08 03:25 PM

"At some point, I'd like to take a visit to whatever planet it is Aggies fans come from."

-Stewart Mandel in reference to aggy question of whether or not A&M would consider Steve Spurrier.

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
03/24/08 03:55 PM

TexAgs.com Quote

RabidLonghorn
5000+ posts
03/24/08 04:11 PM

Thanks guys keep it up.

Bevo71
2500+ posts
03/24/08 09:33 PM

In case your friend thinks that squeeze ags video is a fake... The Link

and, from a University of Michigan fan website... The Link

Have them scroll down to read about the jizz jar.

And, from Texas Tech... The Link
One of many on the last website...

Aggie corp guy draws his sword on an SMU cheerleader for getting on the grass, err...hallowed Kyle Field. He ended up getting pummeled by the SMU cheerleaders.

TheGallopinGoose
1000+ posts
03/24/08 10:05 PM

The Link

Truck's Son
1000+ posts
03/24/08 10:13 PM

List Eater

"What a great time to be a Longhorn."

~Hank Hill

htownlonghorn16
25+ posts
03/24/08 11:34 PM

Love the pictures. Keep it rolling.

Enough Said

longyak
500+ posts
03/25/08 01:26 AM

Bevo71
2500+ posts
03/25/08 06:35 AM

Togetherness

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
03/25/08 07:24 AM

Leave Coach Fran Alone

TexAgs.com Quote

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
03/25/08 07:30 AM

Hungry Aggy at the Alamo Bowl

TexAgs.com Quote

Bookman
10,000+ posts
03/25/08 02:49 PM

That bookstore always cracks me up.

Hey there Ma and Pa here I am,
Money's running out all the same,
I just close my eyes and bring it on home again.

Hornius EmeritusSponsor
10,000+ posts
03/25/08 03:56 PM

Diggler, I have never seen that one before. Man, that is too funny!

See my Images of Texas:
The Link

CHETOLONGHORN
25+ posts
03/25/08 06:45 PM

Anybody have what rome said a few years back?

beaVoSponsor
2500+ posts
03/25/08 09:44 PM

oh hell yeah...

They won't shut up. They have to go on about spirit, and old army, and red ass, and how bonfire represents the burning sensation they have in their urine to beat UT, and blah blah blah. Shut up. You start to get the feeling the entire school was built to spite UT. Forget the fact that when the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's passed legislation to start a state university they also decided to have a subsidiary branch of the main school (The University of Texas) that would teach agriculture and mechanics. Aggies love to say their school is older, from where they get that I don't know ... the fact is, the State intended A&M to be a branch of UT. They are like the afterbirth from the original creation. Like Danny Devito in Twins. So they apparently have this complex, so much so, that they must devote their entire school to trying to prove to UT that they are just as good. All the while, nobody at UT denies that A&M is a good school, yet they won't shut up. So they write a fight song ... about ... Texas, and how they want to beat them. They have a Fish Camp for freshman where they tell them how bad Texas is and how good A&M and all its traditions are.
It is the world's largest known case of penis envy, and it is manifested in everything A&M does. The people at A&M ... now we all have friends who went to A&M or are at A&M. There are some nice people there. However ... there is the Corp., East Texas' answer to dreams of ROTC kids everywhere. For every boy scout who never learned to stop playing with his GI Joe Toys, there is the Corp. Now, forget the fact that A&M will actually let people with sub-par grades enroll if they agree to join the Corp. Forget the fact that the Corps looked like a Gestapo hate rally while beating down students on Kyle Field in 1995. Forget the fact that along with the numerous hazing charges that have been filed against them, and swept under the rug over the years, they just this past month have had one Corps member bring charges against another Corps member who apparently had been propositioning others for a little actual sodomy. Not only could I go on with more instances of idiocracy by these Khaki-clad-shaven-headed-dorks, I am sure each of you have your own stories.
The point is: We all respect West Point, Annapolis, The Air Force Academy; however, nobody respects the Corp. I imagine they are kind of the laughing stock of the military world. Just because you dress like the Army, and try and act like the Army, does not make you the Army. People at A&M don't even respect these clowns. It is not cool to shave your head and dress up. Halloween is only supposed to be one day of the year. If you want to carry guns and beat up civilians, move to Israel. It is even less cool to slobber on somebody's daughter on national television and call it a tradition. Dry humping 18 year old girls in the stands at football games is not cool. Not only is it not cool, it should be against the law. I know that in College Station, students are just prone to mount each other on the campus lawn, or in the middle of class, or anytime anything good happens you can just grab the girl sitting next to you and start sucking on her face. But everywhere else in the world, it is looked down upon. Especially if you are doing it on my TV. That is why we have moved the game from Thanksgiving. Because people across the nation were gagging on their turkey when in the middle of watching a football game, some boy scout is tongue thrashing some overweight co-ed during somebody's Thanksgiving dinner. We do not need to see burly women engaged in a suckfest every time your woeful offense manages to put points on the board. Some of these girls are in desperate need of a trip to the Clinique counter. Screw that, forget make-up, it is too late for that, just give them a veil.
"t.u." is not funny. It is NOT insulting. It is dumb. Just imagine if folks from Texas kept talking about M&A and giggling. That would not be funny. In fact, it would be retarded. That's why UT fans don't do it. Please learn. You want to lose the image of country bumpkins, of a people fond of sheep, of people that aren't stupid? Then quit building things that fall down. Quit chasing cheerleaders around with swords on national TV. Quit whooping in church. Quit whooping period. Quit putting up scoreboards for the enjoyment of dead mammals. Quit spending your Friday nights practicing how to yell. Quit telling rape jokes to reporters when you're running for Governor. When you are filling out season ticket renewals, and the form asks for your phone #, H & W, quit putting 258-3999, Height 6'3", Weight 185. Just, collectively, stop making asses of yourselves.
Go to East Texas, tour every small town, and ask every red neck with a 5th grade education why they cheer for A&M and wear maroon. That is your fan base. This is why you are perceived by the educated masses as stupid. Nobody cares if you think your band is better. They might be louder, they might march in neat little zig zags, but they have no musical ability. The point is, nobody cares who wins halftime. Quit getting geeked up about marching bands. I find it hard to believe you stood through your high school band's entire halftime performance. And why? Cause nobody cared then and nobody cares now. Plus, you can hear them fine sitting down even if you do care. Why is it cool all of a sudden now that you're in college? Men should never let out high pitched whooping sounds. Perhaps the only justifiable situation in which this can be tolerated is perhaps during an anal probe. Oh wait ... I understand now.
Dogs are not ladies. They don't look or smell like ladies. Dogs eat their own feces and should be treated accordingly.
Finally, College Station is an arm-pit of a town. Quit pretending that it is a great college town. It is a town and there is a college there. That should be the end of this comparison. If you feel that life doesn't get any better than the Dixie Chicken, and enjoy being stuck in a never ending Dukes of Hazard episode, then move there. More importantly, don't move to Austin ... they are trying to create an educated, technological, and open minded population base. Austin is, and will continue to be, the birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool.
As my friend Stephen Johnson once said: "If the world were ever to get an enema, College Station is where you would connect the hose.". If you go to school at A&M, please don't be an Aggie.
God Bless the Great State of Texas."

somebody can prob'ly post it in spanish, chinese, or jive, if you'd like.

The Link

L.A.Longhorn
100+ posts
03/26/08 02:02 AM

The black gentleman eating the hot dog is one of my closest friends. He is going to laugh his ass off.

TX10sfan
250+ posts
03/26/08 05:56 PM

I don't get the Fresno State one, I can't see what's going on.

National Champs
Big 12 Champs

Kramer Horn
1000+ posts
03/27/08 07:11 PM

beaVo....that was allsome.

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 01:09 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: beaVo]

In reply to:

They have to go on about spirit, and old army, and red ass, and how bonfire represents the burning sensation they have in their urine to beat UT, and blah blah blah.

uh, UT lights it's clock tower completely orange for significant victories, such as Big 12 south title, Big 12 Championships and wins over Texas A&M. This policy specifies no other university but A&M.

For those that think I'm making this up, look at this link and look at the 4th configuration. Also notice that the 3rd configuration which is just 'athletic achievements' specifies the exclusion of A&M. That's b/c A&M is listed under 'Significant Athletic Victories'.
The Link

And isn't that why the Hex Rally was started? To end a losing streak against A&M? Guess that desire to beat A&M is pretty high as well.

In reply to:

You start to get the feeling the entire school was built to spite UT. Forget the fact that when the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's passed legislation to start a state university they also decided to have a subsidiary branch of the main school (The University of Texas)

Seeing as how we were originally to be a branch of UT I doubt we were built in spite of it.

In reply to:

Aggies love to say their school is older, from where they get that I don't know ...

A&M opened it's doors in 1876, UT in 1883.

In reply to:

So they write a fight song ... about ... Texas, and how they want to beat them

It was an A&M fight song, Farmer's Fight, that inpired the creation of Texas Fight. Check it our for yourself...

The Link

The author, Walter S. Hunnicutt, said
In reply to:

It occurred to me that an effective way to strike back at the Aggies was to write a 'Texas Fight' song in answer to their 'Farmers Fight' using the same bugle call 'Taps'

and doesn't that mention A&M?

In reply to:

They have a Fish Camp

Camp Texas

In reply to:

The point is: We all respect West Point, Annapolis, The Air Force Academy; however, nobody respects the Corp. I imagine they are kind of the laughing stock of the military world. Just because you dress like the Army, and try and act like the Army, does not make you the Army

There is a difference between a corps of cadets and a military branch or academy. I don't think anyone will compare The Citadel, the A&M cadets, or the VaTech cadets to actual military academies, including Ags. This insult is a bit of a stretch. And the corps of cadets is NOT the laughing stock of the military, I think the sheer number of Aggies in the military garners more respect than 'other' universities that dont have the same representation. For a long time A&M turned out more officers than West Point, and currently A&M commissions more officers than all the other senior military universities combined(don't confuse this with military academies).

In reply to:

t.u." is not funny. It is NOT insulting. It is dumb. Just imagine if folks from Texas kept talking about M&A and giggling. That would not be funny. In fact, it would be retarded.

How interesting. Purposely saying t u instead of UT is like saying aggy instead of aggie, which is what? Retarded, right?

In reply to:

They might be louder, they might march in neat little zig zags, but they have no musical ability. The point is, nobody cares who wins halftime. Quit getting geeked up about marching bands. I find it hard to believe you stood through your high school band's entire halftime performance.

what the Aggie Band does is difficult, they don't just go with the flow and do the same kind songs and marches that every other cookie cutter university band does.

In reply to:

Then quit building things that fall down.

Classy, all the way.

In reply to:

Finally, College Station is an arm-pit of a town.

It also happens to be the #11 most educated city in the nation

The Link

In reply to:

Go to East Texas, tour every small town, and ask every red neck with a 5th grade education why they cheer for A&M and wear maroon. That is your fan base. This is why you are perceived by the educated masses as stupid.

do you really want to compare each school's tshirt fans? It's pretty easy for me to spot a real TexasEx compared to a tshirt fan. Now is it fair to judge UT based off that fan? UT is a great university, not all of it's fans are however, same for A&M.

Both UT and A&M carry the 'more selective' admissions label by USNews, so even if we have some less than stellar fans, we don't necessarily let them in to our respective universities.

And though I, an Aggie, think the scoreboard for the dead Reveilles IS odd(and as a result fair game), I think the sheep humping jokes are fabricated and immature, same for the redneck and corps turds crap.

BDog
2500+ posts
03/31/08 01:42 PM

I don't know a single person that I met in college who went to "Camp Texas", and I'd bet that half of them have never even heard of it.

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 01:49 PM

The Link

It's done by the TexasExes and has a decent showing. Not sure how recently it was created but some of the testimonials go back to 2001.

And FWIW, I didn't go to Fish Camp.

HousHorn09Sponsor
1000+ posts
03/31/08 02:01 PM

In reply to:

Not sure how recently it was created but some of the testimonials go back to 2001

Yep, that reeks of "long standing tradition" to me too.

LOL, aggy coming over here to rebute the "Rome Speech", what? How many years ago did it come out now??? This is pure GOLD.

Aggy, did you hear the one about the .... ahhh forget it. I'm sure you'd have a perfect explanation about A&M has this better or more of this, blah blah etc., anyway.

Oh and BTW, as a vet and former serviceman of the USN, yes aggy is the laughing stock of the military.

Horn Lovin' - Getya Sum!

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 02:10 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: HousHorn09]

In reply to:

Yep, that reeks of "long standing tradition" to me too.

did I say it was a long standing tradition?

In reply to:

aggy coming over here to rebute the "Rome Speech", what? How many years ago did it come out now???

What does it matter when it came out? someone posted it here recently didn't they, a hornfan to be exact?

In reply to:

Oh and BTW, as a vet and former serviceman of the USN, yes aggy is the laughing stock of the military.

No they aren't. But you can keep saying they are. I've got family and friends that are vets AND active military that would say otherwise but I see not point in over it.

goofyboy
100+ posts
03/31/08 02:12 PM

Camp Texas is very different than the brain washing Fish Camp. They are not beat into submission that we are superior to a&m. We already know that. it is more a chance to get to meet fellow longhorns and to hang out before school.

Work Sucks.

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 02:17 PM

I don't think that the Aggies in Fish Camp have to be beaten into submission that they are superior to horns, I think it comes pretty naturally.

Z_Horn
25+ posts
03/31/08 03:46 PM

The rant written by beaVo, is from Jim Rome, as in host of ESPN's, Jim Rome is burning. Jim Rome did not attend the University of Texas. He's not from Texas. He graduated from University of California - Santa Barbara. When someone outside of Texas recognizes the embarrassing nature of aggy, that's saying something.

If UT was its own city, it would ranked higher than college station. The only reason college station is ranked that high, is because only students live there. Ausitn is real city, with more than just students.

As member of The Showband of the Southwest, what the corps marches, I could do in my sleep. Its not that difficult.

Mentions of beating Texas in your fight song: 6 (not counting repeated phrases, then it would be 10)
Mentions of beating aggy in our fight song: 1

I wouldn't call aggy selective when anyone who joins the corps gets in. I think its especially classy when they throw horse crap on the band (yes, I was there).

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

TexonLongIsland
500+ posts
03/31/08 03:50 PM

In reply to:

Purposely saying t u instead of UT is like saying aggy instead of aggie

I've been saying "aggy" and "aggie" in my head and out loud for the past 5 minutes. I can't hear the difference. What am I missing?

After about 3 minutes I realized what life's like as an aggy/ie though. That "aggy/ie" inner dialog must explain all. Kind of brain melting, really.

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 04:01 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: Z_Horn]

In reply to:

The rant written by beaVo, is from Jim Rome, as in host of ESPN's, Jim Rome is burning. Jim Rome did not attend The University of Texas. He's not from Texas.

I'm well aware of Rome, and his so called reputation as well. It was posted here so I just replied.

In reply to:

He graduated from University of California - Santa Barbara.

= liberal

A&M is a very conservative university. No surprise Rome doesn't care for us. This is admittedly speculation, but A&M has not fared well in the eyes of liberals, for obvious reasons.

For isntance, the creator of TurnLeft.com(liberal site) is also not a fan of A&M and College Station. He's a big fan of Austin and UT however.

In reply to:

If UT was its own city, it would ranked higher than college station. The only reason college station is ranked that high, is because only students live there. Ausitn is real city, with more than just students

I'm also well aware of 'what' resides in Austin. I was merely pointing out that one of the most educated cities is hardly an armpit(as Rome called it).

In reply to:

As member of The Showband of the Southwest, what the corps marches, I could do in my sleep. Its not that difficult

Which is why so many university bands do it right? Some of the steps involve one band member stepping in between anothers feet b/c of the precision required. Please don't tell me the more common marching bands where everyone spreads out and makes room for the flag girsl is more difficult.

In reply to:

Mentions of beating Texas in your fight song: 6 (not counting repeated phrases, then it would be 10)
Mentions of beating aggy in our fight song: 1

It's not so much that you only mention A&M once as much as it is that you created Texas Fight BECAUSE of a song A&M had.

In reply to:

I wouldn't call aggy selective when anyone who joins the corps gets in. I think its especially classy when they throw horse crap on the band (yes, I was there).

don't just make stuff up. the corps is a very small percentage of the total population, it DOESN'T admit everyone. And it's cadets have to maintain a certain GPA.

Take it up with USNews if you don't agree.

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 04:05 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: TexonLongIsland]

In reply to:

I've been saying "aggy" and "aggie" in my head and out loud for the past 5 minutes.

That's kind of sad actually.

In reply to:

I can't hear the difference. What am I missing?

Can't believe you dont get this. It's not how they 'sound' it's the purposeful use of the wrong term as an insult. Many horns purposely use aggy instead of Aggie like some Aggies use t u instead of UT.

TexonLongIsland
500+ posts
03/31/08 04:10 PM

Oh I get it. When you typed "saying" you didn't mean "saying"

You have to admit though when you say "t u" it does sound a bit different than "u t"

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 04:13 PM

yeah I'm totally busted with my verb choice

Texas_Rocks
2500+ posts
03/31/08 04:23 PM

In reply to:

I'm well aware of Rome, and his so called reputation as well..

If Rome were a multiple winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, your response would be much the same no doubt.

DigglerontheHoof
2500+ posts
03/31/08 04:26 PM

I'm glad the aggie got a chance to spend his afternoon debunking a rant that never was made.

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 04:27 PM

maybe Rome WILL get some Nobel Peace Prizes if he throws out the term "Global Warming" here and there.

AgFan00
25+ posts
03/31/08 04:31 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: DigglerontheHoof]

In reply to:

I'm glad the aggie got a chance to spend his afternoon debunking a rant that never was made.

don't try to imply that horns don't agree with all that was said in that rant (that didn't happen as you say).

i'm glad to see that all you horns were able to spend the last 7 days talking about, and posting pics of, Aggies.

LonghornCatholic
100+ posts
03/31/08 05:48 PM

My daugther is a senior in high school and will be attending UT next year. For a head start, she enrolled in classes at the local college where we live. Her Advisor has his Agriculture and Mechanical diploma on the wall. I told him we went to CS for a Longhorn/Ag and Mechanical game in 05. I asked him how they learn all those songs and yells about UT, he said, and I quote, "They brainwash you when you're a freshman".
This Agriculture alum is a young guy, late 20's and this is straigth from his mouth. Not making fun, just saying.

TheGallopinGoose
1000+ posts
03/31/08 06:09 PM

There is no rational explanation for what is going on in this picture.

Texas_Rocks
2500+ posts
03/31/08 10:03 PM

BDog
2500+ posts
03/31/08 11:51 PM

blueag09
100+ posts
04/01/08 12:55 AM

Pentaconta
250+ posts
04/01/08 01:05 AM

The Link. Warning: this is 3:24 of your life you'll wish you had back.

Free advice is usually worth exactly what you paid for it.

Pentaconta
250+ posts
04/01/08 01:31 AM

Another one here. Not responsible for any IQ points you may lose as a result of viewing this.

Free advice is usually worth exactly what you paid for it.

malageno
250+ posts
04/01/08 09:22 AM

Aggy is to higher education what scientology is to religion.

HousHorn09Sponsor
1000+ posts
04/01/08 02:15 PM

In reply to:

the corps is a very small percentage of the total population, it DOESN'T admit everyone. And it's cadets have to maintain a certain GPA.

Hmmm, I find it sooo hard to read this thread without constant bursts of out-loud laughter. You keep providing so many debunked examples. Ag, you're providing way too much gold for the offseason. I really appreciate your efforts but please don't post [censored] on here just because it makes you feel better. I mean really, learn more about your so-called "beloved corp" before shooting random [censored] off.

Many of us here have Ags as friends. Like myself, we have close friends that are former Corp members. We already know better.

Listen, your efforts & energy are valiant. Your fellow texaggy crowd will be proud for your standing brave in the face of the "Big Evil, Burnt-Orange Machine" but really your hole has gotten just way too deep and you're allowing us to have more fun with you than should be legitimately tolerated.

I mean if you think about it carefully, this thread was started because someone wanted us to provide proof to the hilarity known as aggy. And now, in addition to the pics & various little quips that some have posted, the OP now has all of your banter to compliment the rest. Don't you find this just a tad bit ironic???

Horn Lovin' - Getya Sum!

AgFan00
25+ posts
04/01/08 02:25 PM

I only come here on occasion, have you not noticed that you don't see me often? I come here and ruffle feathers, join in on some banter, and for entertainment myself. I mean the number of pics, comments, videos, gifs, that you horns have at your disposal is honestly a little alarming and must mean you have them stored on your work/personal computers. LOL

But hey, it's the offseason and apparently you all have nothing better to talk about. Let's have an Aggie thread marathon.

And I do not just make up stuff. I don't need to fabricate anything, so tell me what I've said that has dug a deeper hole and show me where i'm wrong, dont worry, I'll wait.

edit: <crickets chirping>

In reply to:

And now, in addition to the pics & various little quips that some have posted, the OP now has all of your banter to compliment the rest. Don't you find this just a tad bit ironic???

heck I hope the OP does included what all I've said. especially the first post I made on this thread in reply to the Rome rant.

Edited by AgFan00 (04/01/08 06:41 PM)

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
04/01/08 02:54 PM

We don't make this stuff up.

In reply to:

Reveille, the first lady of Aggieland, is the official mascot of Texas A&M University. She is the highest ranking member of the Corps of Cadets, and she is a Five-Star General.

In reply to:

When Reveille I died on January 18, 1944, she was given a formal military funeral on the gridiron of Kyle Field.

In reply to:

If she is sleeping on a cadet's bed, that cadet must sleep on the floor.

In reply to:

Cadets address Reveille as "Miss Rev, ma'am."

In reply to:

If she is in class and barks while the professor is teaching, the class is to be immediately dismissed.

TexAgs.com Quote

AgFan00
25+ posts
04/01/08 03:05 PM

Yeah, some of that Reveille stuff, and the scoreboard for the dead collies IS over the deep end, thanks to the Corps.

However NOTHING I've said on this site is made up either.

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
04/01/08 03:07 PM

In reply to:

Yeah, some of that Reveille stuff, and the scoreboard for the dead collies IS over the deep end, such is the Corps at times.

You must be New Army

TexAgs.com Quote

Brother Horn
250+ posts
04/01/08 03:08 PM

In reply to:

A&M opened it's doors in 1876, UT in 1883.

Correction: The Agricultural and Mechanical branch of The University of Texas opened it's doors in 1876.

"I'll keep rooting for A&M because I love A&M, and I'll keep b*tching about not having more NC's because the only happy Aggie, is the one demanding excellence and not seeing it." -Humorous Username, texags

Member BOMC

AgFan00
25+ posts
04/01/08 03:52 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: Brother Horn]

In reply to:

Correction: The Agricultural and Mechanical branch of The University of Texas opened it's doors in 1876.

that's still BEFORE UT Austin is it not?

tj11_hookem
25+ posts
04/01/08 04:32 PM

That's because it was opened as a f'n COLLEGE.

Give it a rest, you are just as brainwashed as the other "aggys." There's a difference in having a camp for incoming freshman to meet the other new students (which most universities do), and having a camp to tell their "fish" over and over and over how bad UT is and how much better A&M is. Your fans would rather put our logo on their car and not their own.

I was doing a deposition the other day in College Station with a lawyer that is a Marine. I didn't even bring it up, but he kept saying how much of a joke A&M is because they think they are in the military. He had more than a few stories of real Marines talking about fake army.

You act like most Aggies don't know about these "Corp traditions." But if you ever go over to Texags during a game you will ALWAYS see a thread of posters squeezing.

Face it, everyone knows about you. And everytime your program is on tv, you get exposed and more and more people are becoming educated about your cult you have.

Agricultural & Mechanical was, is, and always will be an embarassment to the Great State of Texas.

tj11_hookem
25+ posts
04/01/08 04:37 PM

And here is a new one to add...

AgFan00
25+ posts
04/01/08 04:46 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: tj11_hookem]

In reply to:

having a camp to tell their "fish" over and over and over how bad UT is and how much better A&M is

I think that mentality is established ahead of time which is why they are going to A&M and NOT UT.

In reply to:

Your fans would rather put our logo on their car and not their own.

that would be OU. now there are SOME Aggies that use that parody of a logo known as the saw'em off sticker, but those are not that common. plus someone got in a huff over that and had to sue the makers of those stickers

In reply to:

I didn't even bring it up, but he kept saying how much of a joke A&M is because they think they are in the military. He had more than a few stories of real Marines talking about about fake army.

The corps IS NOT an army, I already know that. And I don't know why people think that they are. Those cadets finally garner my respect once they ACTUALLY join the military, if they do. The ones that join DO represent the corps and A&M well. You've got one whole marine making a negative comment, I've heard many positives from active servicemen and vets saying the opposite of what you are 'trying' to imply.

Might be a good homework assignment to compare the number of enlisted, officers commissioned, medals of honor, high military officials and so on, of A&M and UT historically and see which is more 'respectable'.

In reply to:

Agricultural & Mechanical was, is, and always will be an embarassment to the Great State of Texas.

yeah, you can keep regurgitating that line all you want, it's NOT true. I just don't see ANY examples of that mentality toward us at all, other than from horns, big surprise there.

tj11_hookem
25+ posts
04/01/08 05:01 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: AgFan00]

In reply to:

now there are SOME Aggies that use that parody of a logo known as the saw'em off sticker, but those are not that common.

HAHAHAHAHA yeah right. If by some you mean thousands, then yeah. They are everywhere in BCS. Your fans have more of those shirts than dress shirts. Your bookstore has a longhorn STATUE with the Horns down. And has the Saw'em Off painted on the side of the building. TORBUSH.

In reply to:

yeah, you can keep regurgitating that line all you want, it's NOT true. I just don't see ANY examples of that mentality toward us at all, other than from horns, big surprise there.

You don't get out of College Station very much then. Go ask any fan of any other school. I have friends that graduated from schools all over Texas that laugh at this [censored].

Again, it's becoming more and more known across the nation what really goes on around that place. I had lots of fun talking to PSU fans this past year.

AgFan00
100+ posts
04/01/08 05:18 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: tj11_hookem]

In reply to:

HAHAHAHAHA yeah right. If by some you mean thousands, then yeah. They are everywhere in BCS.

in BCS yes, outside of BCS, not so much

In reply to:

You don't get out of College Station very much then. Go ask any fan of any other school. I have friends that graduated from schools all over Texas that laugh at this [censored].

I live in Dallas. And I TOO have friends from other schools and do not notice this "all other schools make fun of you" mentality. Some of the same people that would take a shot at A&M, would take a shot at UT depending on who they are around, assuming they don't have ties to either school.

In reply to:

I had lots of fun talking to PSU fans this past year

Some close friends of my wife are Buckeyes, being in their company has it's perks too.

Us Aggies are getting along with Wildcat fans too.

TheGallopinGoose
1000+ posts
04/01/08 05:35 PM

In reply to:

The corps IS NOT an army

Then what the heck is "Old Army" supposed to be?

AgFan00
100+ posts
04/01/08 05:45 PM
Re: Aggy photos [re: TheGallopinGoose]

In reply to:

Then what the heck is "Old Army" supposed to be?

Older Ags, whether in the corps or not. They are typically more hardcore as well. Similar to how the term 'Old School' is used.

TheGallopinGoose
1000+ posts
04/01/08 06:03 PM

In reply to:

They are typically more hardcore as well.

Hardcore:

AgFan00
100+ posts
04/01/08 06:08 PM

no, that's just the corps, being the corps

TexonLongIsland
500+ posts
04/01/08 06:56 PM

Loved that Reveille link from Texas___Fight

This quote caught my eye:

In reply to:

Reveille is the most revered dog on campus.

Is their more than one dog on campus?

What? Oh. Never mind

tj11_hookem
25+ posts
04/01/08 07:48 PM

Ha, so I just went to eat at Wings-n-More here in Pflugerville. As I get out of my car I see an Ag walk by in his Saw'em Off shirt. I kind of smirk seeing how I just had this conversation with you that nobody outside of gomerville wears these shirts or sports these logos. He is parked right behind me and I notice he has a Saw'em Off sticker on the FRONT of his truck. So, I asked.

me: Wouldn't you rather have a sticker of your own school on your car? Why would you put our logo on their?
aggy: Cause I can.
me: HAHAHAHA

I turn and walk towards the restaurant and turn to see what he had on the back. Of course no Ag sticker, and only a little league soccer sticker. Shocking I tell you!!!

[Agfan00] Well, um, it's pretty rare to see this outside of BCS, um, they really aren't that common. [Agfan00]

agssuk
< 25 posts
04/01/08 08:42 PM

OK. While I was in the Air Force, I knew of 4 officers that were aggy. They all got RIF'fed (Reduction in Force)

blueag09
100+ posts
04/01/08 11:37 PM

MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas Taps
2500+ posts
04/01/08 11:49 PM

I'm going to bleed orange until the day I die
-Vince Young

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
04/02/08 08:13 AM

In reply to:

And I TOO have friends from other schools and do not notice this "all other schools make fun of you" mentality.

I've never heard anyone say "Hey, I know a good Longhorn joke"

TexAgs.com Quote

orangebones
2500+ posts
04/02/08 08:20 AM

here are a few:

let me get this straight...jim rome went to UCSB...which is liberal. so by default, jim rome is liberal. because he is liberal, he hates aggy. the impetus for this retarded logic is a 1999 rant that was written as a hoax (by the way, the t-shirts were probably still in aggy's favor at that time). now we know why the Texas Lege won't let the agroids have a law school.

aggy is paranoid. aggy has a napoleon complex. aggy is chris cooper's character in american beauty. the term "aggy" originated on this very board, years ago, as a play on the insipid "t. u." it's stupid. it's supposed to be stupid. it also reflects the groupthink, borg "you-must-be-assimilated" mentality that pervades the culture at aggy.

aggy has a good engineering school. there's not much argument that ours is better.

aggy does have a rising business school. ours is better.

architecture? ours is better.

communications? ours is better.

journalism? aggy discontinued their program.

$$$? we have more. PUF and otherwise.

medical schools? ours are better...although S&W is hard to beat as a teaching hospital, but they've been successfully fighting the control aggy wants over hiring decisions, control of the board, etc.

fine arts? our programs are better. aggy is probably proud of this.

libraries? our system is better.

right now, the only areas where aggy has the upper hand are veterinary medicine (we don't have it), construction science/management (we don't have it), horticulture/turf management/livestock management/animal husbandry (haha), and women's athletics as a whole (we'll see how long that lasts). aggy, unfortunately, does have scoreboard on the gridiron (again, we'll see how long that lasts). a&m offers a good education, but like just about everything else, they're still following in big brother's footsteps.

aggy thinks that all of this can be overcome by yelling in unison, hissing, swaying, squeezing, humping, quad-bombing, starting fires, pissing on people's heads, rubbing one out in a jar, puff-painting overalls, putting walk-ons on the kickoff team, whooping in church, and winning one football game out of every four. poor aggy.

"you can still hire someone who 'gets' the program without hiring an incompetent boob....Unless you're A&M"
- WhooTex (on Nebraska)

cloydtex
500+ posts
04/02/08 01:09 PM

what orangebones said, especially the engineering school part. ^ ^ ^

HousHorn09Sponsor
1000+ posts
04/02/08 04:49 PM

AgFan00 must be a Fish whose assignment is to sit on Hornfans & riddle us with aggy propaganda. His "I know for a fact" mentality simply proves that Fish Camp is succesfull at brainwashing.

[aggy corp commander] ATTENTION ALL FISH ATTENDING FISH CAMP & REPEAT AFTER ME!!! T.U. IS THE DEVIL!!! I REPEAT, T.U. IS THE DEVIL!!! LASTLY, TCEH & BAYLOR IS GHEY AND NOT, I REPEAT NOT, OUR RIVAL!!! THAT IS ALL.[/aggy corp commander]

Horn Lovin' - Getya Sum!

ACuriaeSponsor
1000+ posts
04/03/08 11:22 AM

This whole thread is gold, Jerry, pure gold.

"Visiting aggy is like a trip to the monkey house. Sometimes they look so human, and sometimes they fling [feces eliminated from the rectum] at you."--Oranjello

Z_Horn
25+ posts
04/03/08 04:40 PM

The original purpose of this thread:

Link

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Bookman
10,000+ posts
04/03/08 10:02 PM

Wait, what did Jim Rome say about Aggy?

madscientistSponsor
5000+ posts
04/04/08 12:07 AM

has anyone mentioned the contingent of aggy that had their cars inspected earlier than necessary in december of 2006 so the sticker would say 12-7?

You left 6 f'ing hours ago to buy a money counter, and you come back with a semi-consious Gloria and a bag of fertilizer?

TexLaw04
500+ posts
04/04/08 10:45 AM

In reply to:

You can't take a pitch pipe out of a guy's hand when he's in the middle of a very funky groove.

BevoDan
250+ posts
04/04/08 12:28 PM

Level of education does not exclude a town from being an armpit.

Your so called War Hymn is about a mythical school (who is t u? Tulsa University?).

What is a Texas Aggie? Is that like a Texas Red Raider or a Texas Horned Frog or a Texas Bobcat or a.....

Marching the same routine year end and year out would make it easier each time.

Fish Camp? Glorified orientation.

What is a hullabaloo caneck caneck?

Bonfire? I thought that was a great tradition.

Corp of cadets = fraternity in a uniform

The Pride and Winning Tradition of The University of Texas will not be entrusted to the weak nor timid.

blueag09
100+ posts
04/04/08 12:40 PM

madscientistSponsor
5000+ posts
04/04/08 03:20 PM

is that bucky sportin' the hook 'em?

You left 6 f'ing hours ago to buy a money counter, and you come back with a semi-consious Gloria and a bag of fertilizer?

HousHorn09Sponsor
1000+ posts
04/04/08 04:27 PM

Here's to you BlueAg

Horn Lovin' - Getya Sum!

HornGrandiosoSponsor
1000+ posts
04/04/08 04:33 PM

blueag, you are a good sport!

I had never seen that specific cadet v. cheerleader photo before! Excellent.

WorsterManSponsor
10,000+ posts
04/04/08 08:59 PM

buck fucky!

Texas 52 Arizona State 34

CaboWaboSponsor
1000+ posts
04/04/08 10:18 PM

Bookman
10,000+ posts
04/05/08 02:39 PM

The above picture may be the most unattractive thing ever. I don't think I could drink enough to make her pretty. And that's saying a lot.

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
04/08/08 03:11 PM

Another gem from Texas Ags

In reply to:

1. 12-7
2. 38-30
3. You wore a gay mascot uniform for four years

Really....

TexAgs.com Quote

blueag09
100+ posts
04/08/08 05:02 PM

In reply to:

Freaking guys attending a Bridal (cough wedding) shower.

The irony of this story is rich.

blueag09
100+ posts
04/08/08 08:37 PM

CAPTION THIS:

(this snapshot is from the baylor game from last year, which A&M won 97-87)

TheGallopinGoose
1000+ posts
04/08/08 08:44 PM

"Well, at least I don't eat lists for a living..."

LonghorninAustin
250+ posts
04/08/08 09:21 PM

blueag, two questions:

1. Why do I never see anything but white people when they show the aggie crowd?

2. Why do yall always wear WHITE shirts?

thanks

Horns_House
5000+ posts
04/08/08 10:49 PM

"i wish i had gone to a school where i could cheer for a real team."

"omg, i'm gay" - GOO 2/15/06

LonghornCatholic
100+ posts
04/08/08 11:11 PM

Who's funeral are they at?

blueag09
100+ posts
04/09/08 12:57 AM
Re: Aggy photos [re: blueag09]

In reply to:

1. Why do I never see anything but white people when they show the aggie crowd?

2. Why do yall always wear WHITE shirts?

Good questions LonghorninAustin. Here are my responses:

1. I looked up A&M's Fall '07 demographics. The undergraduate student population then was 78% white, which is not as diverse when compared to UT's ~60% each year. The A&M graduate student population, however, is 49% white, a lot more diverse due to a fairly large number of international students (36%). Assuming a good majority of the undergrads go to the games, you won't be able to see many minorities, since there aren't that many. I think A&M is doing a decent job, though, in getting more minorities to attend A&M. Minority enrollment has been stepping up over the past few years - a big thanks goes to Gates, who took the initiative in making this happen. Anyhow, having said all this, did this question arise after you saw that picture? There are 2-3 minorities on there, if you look closely.

2. I'm not quite sure about the origins of "white out" (or whatever it's called). Note that A&M's colors are maroon and white, and "Maroon Out" has been around for a while. I speculate they started "white out" as a way to make money. It's the perfect marketing tool - why sell maroon shirts again when you already do that during football season? Not many people would buy the same colored shirt. I believe white out became successful in the same way maroon out did. That's why you see the student body wearing white all the time. The former students, nonetheless, seem to protest...

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
04/09/08 12:08 PM

In reply to:

CAPTION THIS:

"I wish I went to a school where the guys would stare at my ass instead of the girls"

TexAgs.com Quote

baylorbear245
25+ posts
04/10/08 02:58 PM

texas fight:

if im going to get in trouble laughing in class, i want it to be something pretty damn funny.....that was classic

blueag09
100+ posts
04/10/08 06:36 PM

Bookman
10,000+ posts
04/10/08 08:13 PM

Dave South is still speechless.

blueag09
100+ posts
04/10/08 08:35 PM

GatorHorn
2500+ posts
04/11/08 09:49 AM

LMAO

"Question my fanhood again and it's interweb go time."

Rex Krammer

WorsterManSponsor
10,000+ posts
04/11/08 11:44 PM

Ahhhhh, a reminder of the greatness that is Texas agricultural & mechanical college:

blueag09
100+ posts
04/12/08 06:26 PM

Me as a kid

Texas___Fight
2500+ posts
04/25/08 12:45 PM

TexAgs.com Quote

SlingeroGuitaro
250+ posts
04/25/08 01:24 PM

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy