Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Omaha Sweepstakes

Sports
   >> Baseball

Rate thread Print Thread
adUTleander
1000+ posts
05/04/10 04:23 AM
What happened to Austin Dicharry?

I thought he was supposed to be a major player this year? I know he started the year in our starting rotation in front of Cole Green (thats almost laughable now that Cole Green originally wasnt in our weekend rotation), and i thought he would find some role out of the bullpen once he got beaten out but it seems as if he just doesnt get any playing time anymore. Is he injured, or is he just getting flat out beaten out right now.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

dbfootball
500+ posts
05/04/10 05:55 AM
Re: What happened to Austin Dicharry? [re: adUTleander]

Aaron Fitt address this yesterday;

In reply to:

David (Dallas): Other than Jungman, Cole, Workman, and Ruffin, what other Texas pitchers do you think have pro potential? Aaron Fitt: Certainly freshmen Hoby Milner, Kiefer Nuncio and Josh Urban to, and Austin Dicharry does as well, although he has been sidelined with shoulder tendinitis. I spoke with Augie Garrido this morning, and he's what he said about Dicharry's status: "He's throwing now. He's not throwing off the mound yet, still in the part of rehab where he's taking it week by week. I would imagine he could be back. The hard thing would be to find a role for him. A person with tendinitis that's lost their release point, a little bit of rhythm, a little bit of timing, to try to put them in there in a relief role would be the hardest thing to do. It would be much better for him to start. We'll have to be careful with him because he's really a good pitcher."

Austin Dicharry

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

PFD
2500+ posts
05/04/10 08:22 AM

Slightly off topic, but what happened to derail Riley Boening's return to the pitching staff this season?

Hell ain't half full.
Leave the light on for you, son.
Hell ain't half full.
No need to run.

dbfootball
500+ posts
05/04/10 09:53 AM

In reply to:

Slightly off topic, but what happened to derail Riley Boening's return to the pitching staff this season?

I know that he had to have shoulder scoped again last year- not sure what is his status for this year.

slugfest
2500+ posts
05/04/10 07:47 PM

I was wondering the same thing about Boening. Could he possibly have another year of eligibility?

Que mas?

s102r18
500+ posts
05/05/10 09:15 PM

Dicharry was never ahead of Cole, who was known to be the #2 starter long before opening day. Augie claimed he held Cole back the first weekend as a message to the team that DBU was a trap game to be taken seriously. However, there were some other strategic reasons Dicharry was kept in the weekend rotation over Cole the first two weeks of the season.

I didn't know about the injury issues; I'd only noticed that since at least Omaha last year (perhaps before that?) AD's effectiveness waned significantly. Injuries aren't good news, but "he just can't cut it" can be even worse, so thanks for the info.

Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy