Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Sports
   >> On The Field

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Rate thread Print Thread
The Legend#4
250+ posts
01/20/09 02:47 PM
Greg Robinson now D-Coordinator at Michigan

per ESPN

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

LonghornsWinSponsor
500+ posts
01/20/09 02:49 PM
Re: Greg Robinson now D-Coordinator at Michigan [re: The Legend#4]

Too bad.

He is a good guy and a good pick-up for UM.

Might be a bit harder for us to catch up on all-time football wins.

"Coming into the year quarterback was a question mark for us," said defensive tackle Frank Okam of Lake Highlands. "Now it's an exclamation point."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

Nordberg
5000+ posts
01/20/09 02:56 PM

That dude knows how to land on his feet.

As of next week, the Chronicle will no longer have a reporter assigned to cover A&M athletics. Joseph Duarte, however, will continue to cover the UT Longhorns and the Big 12.

austintex
1000+ posts
01/20/09 03:28 PM
Re: Greg Robinson now D-Coordinator at Michigan [re: Nordberg]

In reply to:

That dude knows how to land on his feet.

Like a freakin' cat.

Longhorn photos

Austin180Sponsor
500+ posts
01/20/09 03:28 PM

The Link
ESPN release
Congrats Greg. I thought he improved our D when he was here. I wish him the best at meatchicken.

BAAAAAAAAA means NO!

SabreHorn
500+ posts
01/20/09 03:47 PM

In reply to:

I thought he improved our D when he was here. I wish him the best at meatchicken

He got a free ride from [censored] Twomey.

Michigan is a good place for him until Miles arrives. Those big slow Big Ten offenses will be easier for him to stop.

Thunderhoof
1000+ posts
01/20/09 04:43 PM

Good hire.

Our D definitely improved while he was here, and no doubt he was helped a lot by Tomey.

I loved Robinson's sideline demeanor. That. as much as anything else, reminded me how great it is to have fired up coaches roaming the sidelines. The OU incident was refreshing to me. It might be sort of embarrassing if it happened now, but after that string of losses I wanted someone, ANYONE on the sideline to look pissed off and angry.

Hook 'Em.

calico
500+ posts
01/20/09 04:54 PM

good luck to him. I think he will do a great job at Michigan.

stanhin
2500+ posts
01/20/09 04:58 PM

Best wishes to Coach Robinson.

What about the Twinkie?

Stan

GigoloJoe
500+ posts
01/20/09 05:16 PM

Good for Coach Robinson. He landed a great job at a traditional power.

And good for Michigan. They now have a great D coordinator.

I will always have great fondness for Coach Robinson, based on his one excellent year at UT.

mackfan1
1000+ posts
01/20/09 05:29 PM

Robinson was a sorry HC, but he really put some fire in our defense after several lackluster years. At least he's not going to OU or A&M. Good luck, Greg.

I just wanna make some eardrums bleed.

Orangesweat
2002 Omaha Challenge Champion
01/20/09 06:24 PM

Gratz Greg! I wish you the best at Michoacan.

hornsandcards
1000+ posts
01/20/09 06:33 PM

He did put some passion and fire into the D during his time with Mack. Got a raw deal when he became the coach at Syracuse. Good luck in Ann Arbor, MI.

Blake Gideon on why I came to Texas: I want to go where the best go

austintex
1000+ posts
01/20/09 06:44 PM

I'm sure the Michigan folks will appreciate having someone on staff who knows how to beat Notre Dame.

Longhorn photos

Austin180Sponsor
500+ posts
01/21/09 11:35 AM

The Link
"Greg Robinson, a two-time Super Bowl winning coach and four-time Rose Bowl winner, has been named the football programís defensive coordinator by University of Michigan football coach Rich Rodriguez."

MBTF press release

BAAAAAAAAA means NO!

South Austin
1000+ posts
01/21/09 11:50 AM

Interesting note: Out of all our 2004 opponents, Robinson's Longhorn defense had the most trouble against Michigan. (Okie State hung 35 on us in the first half, but we shut them out in the second half.)

Best of luck, Greg.

Nordberg
5000+ posts
01/21/09 11:55 AM

The D actually did okay against Michigan, considering that the Michigan offense started every possession in Texas territory.

As of next week, the Chronicle will no longer have a reporter assigned to cover A&M athletics. Joseph Duarte, however, will continue to cover the UT Longhorns and the Big 12.

ProdigalHornModerator
5000+ posts
01/21/09 12:06 PM

In reply to:

The D actually did okay against Michigan, considering that the Michigan offense started every possession in Texas territory.

No kidding - and when you're a "bend but don't break" defense, that's a pretty touch situation. But they made a couple of pretty big holds down the stretch.

"Bye weeks are for losers! Bronco Nagursky didn't get no bye weeks! And now he's dead!! ... OK, maybe they're a good thing."
- Moe Szyzlac

swc.lives.on
1000+ posts
01/21/09 01:05 PM

In reply to:

Interesting note: Out of all our 2004 opponents, Robinson's Longhorn defense had the most trouble against Michigan.

I couldn't tell if Breaston was that good or if our special teams were that bad.

"That's right. Two measly yards. Two more than a dead man. What the Hell were you thinking?"

ballrific
2500+ posts
01/21/09 02:18 PM

In reply to:

The D actually did okay against Michigan

agreed, whoever was the coach of special teams that year, should have been shitcanned at the end of the season. wait, i think that person is still a coach, right?

that game also had braylon edwards catching everything.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy