Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Manor Downs
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Sports
   >> On The Field

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Rate thread Print Thread
mr.pringles
25+ posts
11/27/10 10:27 PM
Never thought I'd stoop to this level..

.. but if GD is our OC next year, I'm not boarding the Texas Exes train. This is my senior year, and frankly, I'm absolutely uphauled by our coaching decisions. Texas IS the cream of the crop, and this level of suckage should never be allowed to happen w/o a complete adjustment. I love Mack Brown, but this is a business, and you have side with what is best for the program, whether it's popular or not. The ONLY way this is a talent issue is if Mad Dog isn't training them properly, as any analyst w/ even the slightest sense could see we've pulled some phenomenal teams lately.

Truly, this may be out of context as Texas Exes shouldn't revolve around something as trivial as our football team, but I've absolutely had it with taking my class ring off in every game of ours I watch, simply because I'm embarrassed to have my team just give up like that. I'm tired of GD thinking the sidelines are the endzones, and I'm tired of coaches covering up their 'fabled quarterback' saying he's unlucky.

I'm sick and tired of it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

mk_2
500+ posts
11/27/10 10:31 PM
Re: Never thought I'd stoop to this level.. [re: mr.pringles]

have you been embarrassed for the last 12 years under mack brown?

its one bad year, get over it and quit being an ungrateful whiner

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

HornsForever'93
1000+ posts
11/27/10 10:35 PM

Mk 2, quite being a sunshine pumper. The op can do what he pleases. If you like garbage have at it. That we are currently getting from this coaching staff

WashU-Horn
500+ posts
11/27/10 10:36 PM

how many conference titles do we have in the last 12 years? how many times did we win our division in the last 12 years?

dthree36
250+ posts
11/27/10 10:40 PM

Its only a game and its 1 season. Life is often not fair so get use to it. Just hope next year is a better year. Be proud of the school you attended and that you got a degree. There are more important things in life than the number of victories our team has a year.

AustinBatSponsor
1000+ posts
11/27/10 10:49 PM

In reply to:

Just hope next year is a better year.

Hope?? Is that all we've got?? Or do we need Hope AND CHANGE?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

caryhornSponsor
1000+ posts
11/27/10 10:50 PM
Re: Never thought I'd stoop to this level.. [re: mk_2]

----its one bad year, get over it and quit being an ungrateful whiner----

This^^ is a man in denial. First, this season is way, way beyond bad. Its a disaster. Second, count the Big 12 Championships Mack has won in 12 years. Next, count the Big 12 Championships Stoops has brought to ou.

With the kids that Mack recruits, we should have the trophy case packed with B 12 trophies, not ou.

"Recruiting does matter....just not as much as we used to think"

YoLaDu
5000+ posts
11/27/10 11:18 PM

In reply to:

I've absolutely had it with taking my class ring off in every game of ours I watch, simply because I'm embarrassed to have my team just give up like that.

Seriously?

You need to adjust your priorities.

I met God. I met the devil. God won. - Mario Sepulveda (2nd rescued Chilean miner)

"How's the dog?" - Mario Sepulveda (2nd rescued Chilean miner) to his wife as he was getting on a gurney

Hook 'Em Danno
500+ posts
11/27/10 11:22 PM
Re: Never thought I'd stoop to this level.. [re: YoLaDu]

Step slowly away from the ledge. It's just one year. If the 'Horns have a similar season next year, then I might be out there with you.

"But most of all...get your Horns up!" --Walter Cronkite (1916-2009)

Fire Tunnel
100+ posts
11/27/10 11:23 PM

The offensive decisions are the direct result of costing Texas 3 Big 12 titles.

1. Sticking with Simms through 4 turnovers in the title game against CU in 01
2. Putting VY in a drop back offense against ou in 04 after holding them to 12 points. Even Switzer said publicly after the game that VY was in the wrong offense.
3. In 2006, 5 straight 3 and outs with Snead who couldn't complete a pass in the spread against KSU after McCoy went down. Our OL outweighed KSU DL by 50 lbs a man, but we kept going east and west. Even the announcers wondered when we would use that advantage and run over them. Never did.

Offensive stubbornness has been an ongoing issue with Brown/Davis. This year just proves it.

Thats why Stoops owns Brown in Big 12 titles. Take away the stubbornness, Brown would have won 5 titles (01, 04, 05, 06, 09), Stoops 4 (00, 02, 07, 08). Sad really

TexasCheetah
100+ posts
11/27/10 11:33 PM

Mr. Pringles,

To be a Texas Ex has nothing to do with the performance of a football team in any given year. Be proud to be a Texas Ex because now more than ever it is a hard place to get in and an even harder place to graduate from. I know the sports' achievements represent us as Alums, but nothing will replace the experience, friends and education I have because of my time spent there. And times were bad when I was there(Mackovic years). So listen when I say be proud of your decision to be a Student at the University of Texas and not just a fan of a football team.

TexasCheetah

Burnt TC
250+ posts
11/27/10 11:45 PM

Mr. Pringles,
I support you!
-Andrew

mr.pringles
25+ posts
11/28/10 12:24 AM

To everyone saying it's 'just one year'. You're right. It is just one year.. which happens to be one of our worst years in school history coming from some of our best recruiting years in our history. It's just one year that happens to be our worst in a half century. Need I remind you that NFL teams would lose their coaches for much less and much quicker? This is a business, and if Texas wants to keep a firm grasp on netting in the most $ in the nation from merchandise sales and viewership, then it should damn well treat the longhorn faithful better than this catastrophe. Honest to God, I've tried liking this team. Really, I have. But I can't hwen the team isn't even trying to win some of these games. When the coaches aren't even trying to change the game-plan, much less fess up to their flaws. Why doesn't GD come out and fall on a grenade like UCLA's coach did after their lackluster performance in their loss to a great Stanford. Why must we always redirect everything to 'misfortune'? Mack has come out and said he has lost faith in his players and coaches. Good for him. Why can't GD come out and say that he's to blame for these nasty nasty schemes.

Really, I love The University of Texas, and I don't regret my decision and I won't devalue my degree. I just feel that the longhorn faithful deserve better than false promises, lack of motivation, and pointing fingers. Bad seasons happen, but by no means was this a bad season. This was an absolute disgrace. All I'm asking for at this point is for some to accept blames and determine a resolution that they fully intend to provide, and not the kind of promises they've said about giving DJM more PT.. At the end of every season, I'm excited b/c I want the next season to begin, but if some major changes don't happen, I have feel I have nothing to get excited for when thinking of next season. It feels like just last week the season started and MB & Co were talking fancy of this power-running and some razzle dazzle. I was excited. Now, I can't take them seriously anymore.

TexasCheetah
100+ posts
11/28/10 12:50 AM

I have obviously missed the purpose of your post. You are not mad at the University of Texas, but just this year. But when you call out the Alumni Association and the vast amount of people that belong to it because of the Univerisity of Texas and not just the Football team that plays under it is what bothers me. Trust me, I am mad too, but things are more important in life than decisions made by Men that are paid to coach a game. I went to Texas because my Grandfather and my Dad did. They didn't play football, but they have done well in life. The fact that I got to witness our student athletes win a National Championship in 2005 was icing in the cake.

TexasCheetah

Longhorny630
1000+ posts
11/28/10 02:02 AM

In reply to:

Need I remind you that NFL teams would lose their coaches for much less

not the titans. if we started 0-6 i can assure you our entire coaching staff would be gone.

"[political parties] serve to organize faction; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation, the will of a party, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels,"
-George Washington

mandingo
5000+ posts
11/28/10 04:56 AM

...and people are complaining about the sense of entitlement on the football team?

The Link The Link

hornpharmd
10,000+ posts
11/28/10 05:58 AM

Wow, that is the kind of attitude I would expect from simply a fan and not a current student and future alumn. BTW, you haven't quite earned your class ring yet so maybe you shouldn't wear that at all right now. And when you do graduate realize that it stands for much more than the 2010 football team.

longhorntrudie
25+ posts
11/28/10 06:51 AM

Soon-to-be college grad?? I am appalled that you used the word "uphauled!" My only hope is that it was a poor attempt at humor! Please go ahead and take off that ring--perhaps Texas Exes do not want to claim you!!

FWHORN
5000+ posts
11/28/10 07:11 AM

133-34 in the last 13 years, so anyone willing to turn in their longhorn card after one bad season, hey dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Look I am as disappointed as anyone in this season and hope that changes come soon and in critical places but Mack made Texas Football and got us one NC and into another NC game with real shot at winning even after losing our all everything QB who was the heart and soul of the team. If there is one coach i trust to right the ship it is Mack.

Used to be in Fort Worth now living in the Cayman Islands and loving life.

South Austin
2500+ posts
11/28/10 07:28 AM

To all of the quitters: Does anyone have a blue parking pass they would be willing to sell or exchange for a brown pass?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy