Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Manor Downs
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Sports
   >> On The Field

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Rate thread Print Thread
Bevo Incognito
5000+ posts
03/25/12 05:47 AM
Bill Byrne struck by cold reality

This is the sound of reality dawning on all the Aggies:

In reply to:

"I feel badly about that," Byrne said. "I'm very foolish. I assumed -- and it was a rash assumption on my part -- that our friends over in the state capital would want to continue playing us. It turns out they didn't think we were as much of a rival as we thought of them."

The Link

Gee Bill ... ya think? It makes me wonder, though, what A&M is paying BB for, given that Dodds said that we wouldn't play them again if they bolted to the SEC.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

FWHORN
5000+ posts
03/25/12 06:20 AM
Re: Bill Byrne struck by cold reality [re: Bevo Incognito]

Byrne never wanted to leave the Big XII, the move was done over his objection. Still I will not miss his childish "friends in the state capital" remarks. I find it interesting that he now admits it was the LHN that caused the move while in the same breath saying it is going to fail. If its going to fail then why is it the reason you moved and killed a 100 plus year rivalry? Just makes no sense.

Used to be in Fort Worth now living in the Cayman Islands and loving life.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

Longtex
100+ posts
03/25/12 07:15 AM
Re: Bill Byrne struck by cold reality [re: FWHORN]

In reply to:

... just makes no sense.

agy logic? Sure, it does, if you're an agymoron... sorta like an oxymoron, but pretty ugly.

"Don't talk to me about woulda-shoulda-coulda... what shoulda happened DID happen." -- Saint Darrell Royal, c. 1961

TheGallopinGoose
5000+ posts
03/25/12 07:24 AM

In reply to:

"You wouldn't believe how many Big 12 logos we have up around this campus because we were one of the original members," Byrne said.

What, you were expecting to see a bunch of Conference USA logos around campus?

dillohorn
500+ posts
03/25/12 07:53 AM

L4UT
100+ posts
03/25/12 08:36 AM

and he still can't speak the truth - still playing the victim - Texas was going to start their own network no matter what - all was fine until espn offered $300 million - he's just jealous because it wasn't his program offered that - the tidbit about high school games is bogus - that was settled pretty quickly - the network might not work and that's fine - we still get our money and we will try something else - our program won't be a "welfare" program - we will continue to try new avenues and not expect other schools, programs and conferences to support us -
his spewing this info and the aggy administration's attitude on how it's all Texas' fault - is exactly why we won't play them and i'm glad we are not

blonthang
1000+ posts
03/25/12 09:20 AM

In reply to:

"You wouldn't believe how many Big 12 logos we have up around this campus because we were one of the original members," Byrne said.

aggy and 11 other schools. $Bill makes it sound like aggy was something special.

Oh, and dittos on the "our friends over at the state capitol." Sounds like some junior high snot who still whines "GIRLS??, oohh, I HATE girls!."

And they wonder why we slammed the door after they walked out?

Good riddance, aggy.

Mr. Fiesta
500+ posts
03/25/12 10:13 AM

In reply to:

they didn't think we were as much of a rival as we thought of them

No [censored]....

What you northerners never appreciate....is that Texas is so big that you can live your life within its limits and never give a damn about what anyone in Boston or San Francisco thinks. --- James Michener

LonghorninAustin
1000+ posts
03/25/12 10:31 AM

In reply to:

It turns out they didn't think we were as much of a rival as we thought of them.

Wow. You would have to be hiding under a rock for your entire life to not know that aggy is all about beating UT and that we focus on winning national championships and beating ousucks.

It is really going to be interesting to see how aggy is in a few years without us. It has to be hard on them since their traditions for the last 100 years have been about Texas. They have lost their reason for existing and if they flop in the sec it is going to really hurt their psyche.

Dionysus
5000+ posts
03/25/12 01:30 PM

Aggy — not unlike some graffiti artists — lives at the intersection of ambition and incompetence. Consumed with desire to make their mark on the world, but all they have in hand is a [censored] can of Rustoleum.

LonghornCatholic
2500+ posts
03/25/12 03:37 PM

In reply to:

It turns out they didn't think we were as much of a rival as we thought of them.

But don't let that stop you from swaying back and forth as you sing about us.

How did you come up with the answer?
I think.........then I know.
- My 5 yr old boy, Jude

watashi
500+ posts
03/25/12 04:48 PM

He's such an ass. Hurry up to the SEC and STFU.

agssuk
500+ posts
03/25/12 05:14 PM

Dionysus,

That is the greatest post ever.

Horn89
1000+ posts
03/25/12 06:29 PM

The point about the LHN needs to be restated. Over on texags, two mantras are repeated like gospel:

1) LHN was horribly unfair and created an insurmountable athletic advantage, prompting the aggies to go to a more "fair" league (this ignores the fact that the ags rejected our offer to be part of a Texas sports network AND the fact that they were never in favor of equal revenue sharing).

2) LHN is a giant flop. Ha ha ha. Egg on the face of UT. Ha ha ha. Huge failure. No one can get it. Ha ha ha.

Edited by Horn89 (03/25/12 06:30 PM)

Statalyzer
25,000+ posts
03/25/12 06:48 PM

In reply to:

It turns out that we left and cancelled the rivalry. Whoops!

We're Texas

Third Coast
10,000+ posts
03/25/12 07:08 PM

In reply to:

Aggy — not unlike some graffiti artists — lives at the intersection of ambition and incompetence. Consumed with desire to make their mark on the world, but all they have in hand is a [censored] can of Rustoleum.

taggies?

No le hace
250+ posts
03/25/12 07:34 PM

In the words of Philbert Desenix, also known as Wonder Wart Hog......... aggies is pigs!

“Although the alumni have many ways of reaching a football game, they usually ride the coaches”
-- The Ranger, 1956

Texas Taps
5000+ posts
03/25/12 07:37 PM

Alex, I'll take “Wake up and smell the coffee for $100"

I'm going to bleed orange until the day I die
-Vince Young

Trusted Insider
250+ posts
03/25/12 08:01 PM

They are tailor made for the SEC. It's the only place on Earth where it's respectable to suck off the guys who kick your ass. And they absolutely love it. They have a Kentucky fan who posts on Texags who talks to those idiots like a man to his child, teaching the ins and outs of football.

"I agree that you think that" - Aaron P. Simpson

LonghornCatholic
2500+ posts
03/25/12 08:54 PM

In reply to:

They have a Kentucky fan who posts on Texags who talks to those idiots like a man to his child, teaching the ins and outs of football.

I laughed for 30 minutes

How did you come up with the answer?
I think.........then I know.
- My 5 yr old boy, Jude

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy