Support our SPONSORS Home | Site Map | Shopping Cart Shop the Co-op | Email A Friend | Contact Us
Home
HornFansTV
Interactive
Sports
On The Field
In The Stands
Recruiting
Basketball
Basketball (W)
Baseball
Other Sports
Other
Cactus Cafe
West Mall
Quackenbush's
Rusty's Grill
Esther's Follies
Horn Depot
Swap Meet
Manor Downs
Prayer Requests
Horn Network
On The Road Again
Archives
Around Austin
Classics
PCL
Locker Room
Senior Salute
2001-02 Seniors
2002-03 Seniors
2003-04 Seniors
2004-05 Seniors
2005-06 Seniors
Other
Chat
Email
Links
Posting Guidelines
Football
Recruiting
Basketball
Baseball
Other Sports
Around Austin
About Us
Fiesta Bowl Tickets
Rose Bowl Tickets

Become a HornFans Sponsor

Sports
   >> In The Stands

Rate thread Print Thread
jdelatorreSponsor
500+ posts
02/24/12 03:21 PM
New Big xii Commisioner?

Is Jack SwarBrick really a candidate for the new commish?
I thought Luck said he had no interest.

byu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1335173l

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

georgecostanza
500+ posts
02/24/12 11:01 PM
Re: New Big xii Commisioner? [re: jdelatorre]

In reply to:

Is Jack SwarBrick really a candidate for the new commish?

I hope so. Maybe if he was commish, he could lure ND into the Big12.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Email Post   Notify Moderator  Nominate for Classics

XOVER
5000+ posts
02/24/12 11:53 PM

My first choice is Luck. I liked how he manuevered WVU out of the BE (saving the B12's Tier 2 contract), and I think he gives the B12 the best opportunity of cracking open the ACC.

Second choice is Swarbrick, due to his connection with Notre Dame. Maybe he could steer the Domers our way someday.

coolhorn
2500+ posts
02/26/12 08:57 AM

BYU's increased talks with the Big XII are a bit of a surprise, but I wouldn't have a problem with them being added, especially if they can get past the ban on playing games on Sundays. I'm still kinda lukewarm about adding Louisville. Like anyone else, I like their basketball program, and maybe Charlie Strong does have their football program headed back in the right direction. Louisville would also give the conference another sizable tv market and back east, where it would do some good. However, with the talk of Florida State, Clemson, and a possible Notre Dame move, I just think there are better adds than Louisville. The 'Ville isn't the ugliest girl at the dance, but not the prettiest one either.

"Where is the church. Who took the steeple. Religion's in the hands of some crazy ass people." (The gospel according to Jimmy Buffett)

coolhorn
2500+ posts
02/26/12 08:58 AM

Swarbrick was a candidate for the commissioner job the last time it was open...I thought he was the best candidate then, and he still is, IMHO.

"Where is the church. Who took the steeple. Religion's in the hands of some crazy ass people." (The gospel according to Jimmy Buffett)

Bluff Horn
250+ posts
02/27/12 08:13 AM

Bohls mentioned [censored] Ebersol today. Huh.

Regardless, I feeling strong NBC flavor...

coolhorn
2500+ posts
02/27/12 09:53 AM

Ebersol would NOT be a bad choice. He's certainly got the media experience and connections, and with his NBC background, he's got Notre Dame connections as well. He would be a great choice to guide the conference through a new round of tv negotiations, and it strikes me he would be a good commissioner to have in place when the Big XII ultimately starts looking at candidates to expand back to twelve teams. He also wouldn't be likely to be intimidated by any of the conference's AD's after dealing with all the egos he did at NBC.

atxbomber
1000+ posts
02/27/12 11:47 AM

He'll be able to immediately bond with Okie St over plane crash stories.

coolhorn
2500+ posts
02/28/12 05:29 PM

You lost me on that one bomber...and...it sounds a little insensitive, even if I don't know what you're talking about.

freyguy
250+ posts
02/28/12 07:29 PM

We're talking abt the same guy who's friends with O.J. Simpson, got Norm MacDonald fired off SNL, and basically forced Conan O'Brien's hand to leave NBC.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody else need a beer while I'm up?

Print Thread

Jump to

HornFans Home | Contact Us

If you see any typographical errors (it's so hard to find good help these days), or have suggestions about this site, please send us feedback.

© 2000 - 2014 HornFans.com, LLC, all rights reserved. HornFans.com is an independent site and is not affiliated with The University of Texas Athletic Department or the Longhorn Foundation. Opinions expressed herein do not reflect the opinion of HornFans, the University of Texas, the Longhorn Foundation, Anheuser-Busch, Brown-Distributing, or any other of our sponsors, affiliates, partners or users.

Privacy Policy